Feature Variant Landing Page Fields

I have a question regarding CS Cart and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I want to have a landing page for each feature variant with its own unique description. I know this must be possible somehow because the database table cscart_product_feature_variant_descriptions has fields for description, page_title, meta_keywords, and meta_description. If I update those fields manually in the database, I can see that they are being output on the the feature variant landing pages I have created. However, for the life of me I cannot find where in the admin these fields can be edited. There is only an input for sort order and name.

The development site is located at http://70.32.106.42/ . An example of a feature variant landing page: http://70.32.106.42/brands/azure-cosmeceuticals.html. As you can see, the SEO URLs are working great and CS Cart picks up which feature variant is being asked for, and it spits out the corresponding product correctly. The description under the title was added manually to the database, and I can’t find a way to edit it via the admin.

Does anyone know how I can edit those fields in the admin, or an add-on I can get for this purpose? I do not want to have to develop an add-on myself.

BONUS QUESTION: Is there a way to make CS Cart recognize the product category based on the URL? For example if a user goes to a page such as http://70.32.106.42/skin-care/sensitive.html, I want that landing page to understand that it is in the “Skin Care” category and limit products shown to that category, and show the breadcrumbs accordingly.

Screen Shot 2011-11-11 at 2.34.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2011-11-11 at 2.53.36 PM.png

I've done things slightly different, but similar.

First off, you need to make your features that you want descriptions for, extended features. Then you can add descriptions, images, SEO stuff, etc.

Now what I've done different is put the manufacturer info in the features tab. If you go to http://www.saltwatertogo.com/aquarium-protein-skimmers/100-200-gallons-protein-skimmers/aquac-ev-180-protein-skimmer.html you will see what I mean.

To make this happen, you need to replace skins/your-skin/customer/views/products/components/product_features.tpl with:

{* $Id: product_features.tpl 11988 2011-03-05 09:44:33Z 2tl $ *}

{foreach from=$product_features item="feature"}
{if $feature.feature_type != "G"}

{if $feature.full_description|trim}{include file="common_templates/help.tpl" text=$feature.description content=$feature.full_description|unescape id=$feature.feature_id show_brackets=true}{/if}

{if $feature.feature_type == "M"}
{assign var="hide_prefix" value=true}
{else}
{assign var="hide_prefix" value=false}
{/if}

{strip}
{if $feature.prefix && !$hide_prefix}{$feature.prefix}{/if}
{if $feature.feature_type == "C"}

{elseif $feature.feature_type == "D"}
{$feature.value_int|date_format:"`$settings.Appearance.date_format`"}
{elseif $feature.feature_type == "M" && $feature.variants}

{elseif $feature.feature_type == "E"}

{elseif $feature.feature_type == "S"}
{foreach from=$feature.variants item="var"}
{if $var.selected}{$var.variant}{/if}
{/foreach}
{elseif $feature.feature_type == "N" || $feature.feature_type == "O"}
{$feature.value_int|default:"-"}
{else}
{$feature.value|default:"-"}
{/if}
{if $feature.suffix && !$hide_prefix}{$feature.suffix}{/if}
{/strip}

{/if}
{/foreach}

{if $feature.feature_type == "G" && $feature.subfeatures}
{include file="views/products/components/product_features.tpl" product_features=$feature.subfeatures}
{/if}
{/foreach}

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your bonus question, sorry.

Hope that helps anyways.

Brandon

removed.

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1321078115' post='125823']

removed.

[/quote]

Huh? Why removed?

how did you put your mega menu ? have you modified the source code to get it ?

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1321056260' post='125809']

I've done things slightly different, but similar.

First off, you need to make your features that you want descriptions for, extended features. Then you can add descriptions, images, SEO stuff, etc.

Now what I've done different is put the manufacturer info in the features tab. If you go to http://www.saltwatertogo.com/aquarium-protein-skimmers/100-200-gallons-protein-skimmers/aquac-ev-180-protein-skimmer.html you will see what I mean.

To make this happen, you need to replace skins/your-skin/customer/views/products/components/product_features.tpl with:

{* $Id: product_features.tpl 11988 2011-03-05 09:44:33Z 2tl $ *}

{if $feature.feature_type != "G"}

{if $feature.full_description|trim}{include file="common_templates/help.tpl" text=$feature.description content=$feature.full_description|unescape id=$feature.feature_id show_brackets=true}{/if}

{if $feature.feature_type == "M"}
{assign var="hide_prefix" value=true}
{else}
{assign var="hide_prefix" value=false}
{/if}

{strip}
{if $feature.prefix && !$hide_prefix}{$feature.prefix}{/if}
{if $feature.feature_type == "C"}

{elseif $feature.feature_type == "D"}
{$feature.value_int|date_format:"`$settings.Appearance.date_format`"}
{elseif $feature.feature_type == "M" && $feature.variants}

{elseif $feature.feature_type == "E"}

{elseif $feature.feature_type == "S"}
{foreach from=$feature.variants item="var"}
{if $var.selected}{$var.variant}{/if}
{/foreach}
{elseif $feature.feature_type == "N" || $feature.feature_type == "O"}
{$feature.value_int|default:"-"}
{else}
{$feature.value|default:"-"}
{/if}
{if $feature.suffix && !$hide_prefix}{$feature.suffix}{/if}
{/strip}

{/if}
{/foreach}

{if $feature.feature_type == "G" && $feature.subfeatures}
{include file="views/products/components/product_features.tpl" product_features=$feature.subfeatures}
{/if}
{/foreach}

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your bonus question, sorry.

Hope that helps anyways.

Brandon

[/quote]

Thanks, Brandon! That was what I needed!

[quote name='creativeuser' timestamp='1321256240' post='125926']

how did you put your mega menu ? have you modified the source code to get it ?

[/quote]

Yes. I couldn't find a way to output the feature variants in the menu itself, so I had to create them using feature blocks near the end of the document and move them in the DOM to be in the right place with Javascript. I also created several new appearances for the feature blocks for varying numbers of columns.