Feature Search

Say I have a feature called "size" and its text imput field. I have typed something in product details page say "small" or some number and I want to find this product among thousands of others that have nothing entered for this field. When it is a select box then sure you select and you find it but when its a text and you do not know what text how do you seach for this ? space * does not work.

I am trying to minimize list of features, some of them are not used but how can I know if some product is not assigned to this feature..

Why you do not use Search words field – list of words by which the product should be easily found in the built-in search facility?

Not sure what you mean.

I used to have feature

Length (mm): 5.4 (entered as text) from product details page

Now I got feature select box with range from to, and I do not need old fields, however some product still have it.

If I would want to search all available combinations I would have to search for 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 ... 8.9 ... 9.9... and so on..

Why you do not use Search words field – list of words by which the product should be easily found in the built-in search facility?

So you can put required values to the Search words field for each product. As a result, these products will be searchable by these values