Fatal error on checkout page

Hello,

When my customers go in the check out page, then if they click on register, they get an error message :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /home/shopcent/www/var/compiled/customer/%%70^70E^70E428A5%%profile_fields.tpl.php on line 169

Does anyone know how to solve that ?

Best regards

Chris

Sounds like your webhost has meagre memory limits for cs-cart to work in.

I’d suggest clearing the template cache and trying again.

If that still doesn’t work contact your webhost to increase either php_memory_limit (I think) however they should know which value to change

Thanks Jesse.

I had already tried to clear the cache. So as I am on a dedicated server so i am going to ask my webmaster to increase that memory.

:wink:

Chris

This might be possible to resolve without contacting your host.

Would be nice to know what version of CS-Cart you are using because some changes to this have been applied to 1.3.5.sp1.

If you are using 1.3.5.sp1

Open config.php and find

```php @ini_set(‘memory_limit’, ‘12M’); ```

Change to

```php @ini_set(‘memory_limit’, ‘24M’); ```

If you are still using 1.3.5 or lower

Try adding this to your config.php file

```php @ini_set(‘memory_limit’, ‘24M’); ```

If this does not improve your problem then you might be able to manipulate the PHP memory limits more directly but the method used will depend on whether the server is running PHP as an Apache module or as CGI.

First revert any changes you might have made above.

Open your root .htaccess file and add this line to it and save

```php php_value memory_limit 24M ```

Try loading your site to see if this causes an ‘internal server error’. If no errors then the server is running PHP as an Apache module. Try to run thru the checkout process again .

If you did receive an error then the server is most likely running PHP as a CGI process. Remove that line from the .htaccess and try this instead.

Create a text file and add the following line

```php memory_limit = 24M ```

Save this file as php.ini and place it in the public html root of your account then try the checkout again.

hehe, you replied while I was typing.

If on a dedicated or VPS box just open your main php.ini file and change the memory_limit = to 24M or slightly higher if required… Do not set this too high though because it can open you up to a possible DDOS attack

Hello, oups sorry, yes we have been typing at the same time. lol

I have 1.3.5.sp1. I am going to try the first solution then if ot doesn’t work, i will ask my webmaster to modify the php.ini

************ Edit : It is ok, the first solution was the right one. ************

:wink:

Thanks for all.

Chris

Hi Sir,

I was messed up with same problem and i was searching Google for a solution to edit Php.ini { unfortunately, couldn’t find it as i was on Shared hosting }, also, .htaccess didn’t worked! :frowning:

After searching for continuous 5 hours, i used a good keyword in Google “memory_limit cs-cart” which bought me to this thread.

I am replying because i want to say thank you to you for posting a nice solution to edit config.php and change the setting to 24M instead of 12M. This really solved the problem in a Sec. i would really appreciate and wanna thank you for same :slight_smile:

regards,

Sandeep Singh Chouhan

Thanks from me too. Making the php.ini with memory_limit = 24M in it, solved my problem too.

Cheers.

SuitedScooter