Facebook LIKE button

With Social Buttons addon enabled, no matter which configuration is selected, the Facebook LIKE button does not work.

Have you double-checked if the credentials you input (App ID and URL of the page) are typed correctly? This is a built-in add-on, if there was such a huge bug in it, it would have been reported already.
Maybe you have some other social add-ons installed in your store that can interfere with it?

Best regards,
Robert

Yes.
The URL of the page is left empty to use an actual page URL.
The App ID is my own active App ID.
When clicked the source code reports error: “refused to connect”.
And I see the same behavior on another CS-Cart store (which I don’t own).

Hello

Send the url where this button is so we can see it.

Best regards
Robert

I searched thru the list of CS-Carts online marketplaces listed as customers and found one that has the same installation of Social Buttons - with the same error I see in my installation, and in my friend’s installation:

I won’t share either my installation’s URL, nor my friends. As a CS-Cart user since version 1 in 2009, I have found that sharing URLs here always results in spam inundation. The URL that is shared is already exposed on CS-Cart’s website.

Hello @magpiedon

Thank you for your message.

I’ve reproduced the issue and passed the info about it to our developers.

1 Like

Hello @magpiedon

Our developers investigated this issue and found several conditions that must be made before the Like button will work as expected. Please note, that most of these conditions cannot be controlled from CS-Cart. Here they are:

• The Social Buttons add-on must be configured.

• In CS-Cart, header('X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN'); must be included in app/Tygh/Bootstrap.php.

• Your browser must not block third-party cookies. In Chrome, you should select Allow all cookies on the chrome://settings/cookies

• The Like feature is not working through the Incognito mode with the Block third-party cookies option enabled.

• Your browser must not block any trackers. For instance, the Firefox blocks them by default.

• You must be logged into Facebook.

• According to the changes to Social Plugins in the European Region, you must be located outside the EU. More information - Like Button - Social Plugins - Documentation - Meta for Developers

If one of these conditions is not met - the Like button won’t work in your store. Please check if all the conditions are passed.

1 Like