"Facebook" add-on is available for testing.

When I clicked this link:

[url]http://www.facebook.com/developers/createapp.php[/url]

and clicked on “Allow” I got a message saying: “The page you requested was not found.

You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive.

Return home

Go back to the previous page”

What’s up with that and what do I do now?

OK well I tried it again and looks like I got past that hurdle.

In the add-on set up inside CS-Cart, what URL do I put in where it says “Page URL”?

Thanks.

Someone needs to write up some instructions for this add-on. I’ve tried my best to get it working and so far no go. Any help appreciated.

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’]When I clicked this link:

[url]http://www.facebook.com/developers/createapp.php[/url]

and clicked on “Allow” I got a message saying: “The page you requested was not found.

You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive.

Return home

Go back to the previous page”

What’s up with that and what do I do now?[/QUOTE]

Log in and out of Facebook try both, it worked fine for me…clear your browser cache and cookies etc also.

OK I think I got everything working correctly now.

This is a great add-on! Just needs a little documentation…

Is this addon compatible with all versions of cs-cart?

thanks~

downloaded and install this addon, and it is working fine for me! ^^

[quote name=‘caHek’]Only two social plug-ins are integrated into the ‘Facebook’ add-on at the moment:

1. Comments - The “Comments” plug-in allows users comment on any piece of content on your site (any pages, news and products).

2. Like Box - The “Like Box” plug-in enables users to like your Facebook Page and view its stream directly from your website.

Download link: [url]http://cahek.dev.cs-cart.com/download/index.php?action=facebook[/url]

Install this add-on and open the settings page. (Install paths ???)

App ID - to get an App ID, you should register your on-line store as an application. You can do it by following this link: [url]http://www.facebook.com/developers/createapp.php[/url]

Site URL and Site Domain values ???

Please test this add-on and let me know the results, whether we should improve something or fix any bugs.

Thank you. I look forward to your feedback.[/QUOTE]

(Install paths ???)

Site URL and Site Domain values ???

It’s really simple.

1. Dowload the add-on here [url]http://cahek.dev.cs-cart.com/download/index.php?action=facebook[/url]

2.Unzip it, and using an FTP program, upload the folders var and addons to your shops main directory on your server. Usually this is public_html or public_html/your_shop_directory.

Your ftp program will copy the new files into your existing directories (var and addons). It might warn you that it’s about to merge directories. If it does, choose yes.

3.Now go to your admin area of cs-cart (Administration - addons). You will see an addon called facebook.

Click on it and choose your settings. You also need a facebook application id. You can make one here: [url]https://www.facebook.com/developers/[/url]

4.Click save and clear CS-carts cache by typing yourdomain/admin.php?cc where yourdomain is of course, your shops domain

the Page:url field - you can put your facebook fanpage URL in here so you can see it’s comments.

Your facebook add-on should now be working correctly.

We were able to get the mod installed, but we are getting 2 “Like” buttons showing up right underneath the add to cart button.

BTW, I see several people have asked but I still do not see an explanation of what we are supposed to put in the “Page url:” field when editing the options for the mod.

ScreenHunter_01 May. 16 22.26.gif

[quote name=‘clips’]We were able to get the mod installed, but we are getting 2 “Like” buttons showing up right underneath the add to cart button.

BTW, I see several people have asked but I still do not see an explanation of what we are supposed to put in the “Page url:” field when editing the options for the mod.[/QUOTE]

How you got 2 like buttons, I have no idea …

the Page:url field, i have this empty but I’m assuming you can put your facebook fanpage URL in here so you can see it’s comments.

Yeah, the fb “LIKE” 2 images are rather odd. Since I can only “install” once, I have no idea why it would put it up their twice.

Facebook has now stopped working on our site after updating, the only thing that the “like” button sends to facebook now is the url to the webpage. No picture, no description and no meta data…

:frowning:

Hmm… I’ve got something really strange now…

When liking a product, i get an error. When I click the error, I get:

website.com/makeup/eyes/eyeshadow/makeup/eyes/eyeshadow/hiro-iris-shimmer.html could not be reached.

Notice the double categories?

Funniest thing is, I haven’t been in my admin for days and it used to work fine!

[quote name=‘Flow’]How you got 2 like buttons, I have no idea …

the Page:url field, i have this empty but I’m assuming you can put your facebook fanpage URL in here so you can see it’s comments.[/QUOTE]

I also got two like buttons on the product page and 1 facebook update.

I have disabled this add-on now as it was never working in my opinion from the start

So far I can still click through and it works. The problem is it still shows 2 “like” buttons at the bottom.

Since the original poster from CS has not be on the post since the first of this month is it maybe not being fixed anymore?

I got it to work again, but it’s not fetching my image anymore like it used to.

Only thing I can think of that changed is that I started using google mod_pagespeed …

Sounds to me like CS is not supporting this anymore and it has gotten thrown on the back burner with other add-ons. Bummer. I really thought with it just being worked on that there would be follow up.

Nah, I’m sure they will come back to us, or at least it will be implemented in the new version.

Crazy thing is I had it working fine for over a month… and now all of a sudden it doesn’t grab the pictures anymore.

This addon works great. Thank you very much.