"Facebook" add-on is available for testing.

[quote name=‘AmitP’]actually, it’s still not quite working how it should I still get this on some products, the cache has been cleared etc etc. I have worked out that this will occur when another block is active which we have at the bottom of the page which has an also_bought filing block active on the same page. When the also bought block is disabled or removed then the second “like” button dissapears.[/QUOTE]

I have resolved this problem. You can download the add-on with changes by the following link: [url]http://cahek.dev.cs-cart.com/downloa...ction=facebook[/url]

[quote name=‘AmitP’]wonderful, all is well now thank you. Is there any chance of a like box to sit on the homepage for the default url?[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘gugga7’]I have 2 issues:

• The product image does not show in FB when you enter a comment.

• I can’t use both the like button and the comments tab. It looks like it’s either or… How can I do to have both the Like button show next to the image and a Comment tab in the Products tabs?

Thanks for the great mod![/QUOTE]

I am investigating the possibility of adding this functionality at the moment. I will contact you with the results in the nearest time.

Works well, thanks!

Just one little question… can you make it an option so it doesn’t show faces of people already liking a product? It makes it kinda messy I think,

This is working well, i believe I have found a bug if you can be so kind to correct it?

When you use “required products” on a product. Click on the required product tab and “be the first of your friends to like this” shows up twice in that tab…probably best to remove it altogether if possible in that tab or at least remove one instance?

Can you help with this?

Too bad this mod is not working right. If a facebook user adds a comment for Product A, it shows up on all other products… Are you getting this as well?

[quote name=‘gugga7’]Too bad this mod is not working right. If a facebook user adds a comment for Product A, it shows up on all other products… Are you getting this as well?[/QUOTE]

My site isn’t quite live yet so have not discovered this but unfortunate indeed.

Can we get a quick fix on these? Very useful add-on if so…

Anyone experiencing this issue?

Uploaded, installed, entered API Key… worked! (CS-Cart MV)

Excellent addition to CS-Cart - Facebook marketing has never been easier.

Excellent work and thank you.

Uploaded, installed, entered API Key… worked! (CS-Cart MV)

Absolutely fantastic addon to CS-Cart - Facebook marketing made easy.

Excellent work and thank you.

[quote name=‘gugga7’]Too bad this mod is not working right. If a facebook user adds a comment for Product A, it shows up on all other products… Are you getting this as well?[/QUOTE]

Ah just noticed the same issue - works great except the comments are duplicated accross all products.

Will get very messy eventually… fix required please - hopefully a small tweak.

Product image selected to be displayed in FB is not consistant - Sometimes it selects the correct image sometimes not.

For example I enabled the: Use “Value changer” for the Quantity field option and the Facebook like link showed the Up arrow image from the Value Changer.

Image consisancy fix required.

Also noticed that XHTML 1.0 Validation errors are given with the Facebook plugin:

3 Errors

1 Information Comment

Error:

Line 129, Column 42: document type does not allow element “div” here; assuming missing “object” start-tag

facebook_content

Error:

Line 132, Column 8: required attribute “type” not specified

The attribute given above is required for an element that you've used, but you have omitted it. For instance, in most HTML and XHTML document types the "type" attribute is required on the "script" element and the "alt" attribute is required for the "img" element.

Typical values for type are type="text/css" for and type="text/javascript" for .

Error:

Line 161, Column 7: end tag for "object" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".

Comment:

Line 129, Column 2: start tag was here
facebook_content

[quote name=‘AmitP’]wonderful, all is well now thank you. Is there any chance of a like box to sit on the homepage for the default url?[/QUOTE]

I added a new block type called ‘Facebook like box’. Now you will be able to place the like box where necessary.

[quote name=‘AmitP’]actually, it’s still not quite working how it should I still get this on some products, the cache has been cleared etc etc. I have worked out that this will occur when another block is active which we have at the bottom of the page which has an also_bought filing block active on the same page. When the also bought block is disabled or removed then the second “like” button dissapears.[/QUOTE]

It was fixed.

[quote name=‘gugga7’]I have 2 issues:

• The product image does not show in FB when you enter a comment.

• I can’t use both the like button and the comments tab. It looks like it’s either or… How can I do to have both the Like button show next to the image and a Comment tab in the Products tabs?

Thanks for the great mod![/QUOTE]

I added one more type of the “Like it” button. Now, if the ‘Button + Comments’ type is selected, the “Like it” button and the block with comments will be displayed simultaneously.

[quote name=‘Flow’]Works well, thanks!

Just one little question… can you make it an option so it doesn’t show faces of people already liking a product? It makes it kinda messy I think,[/QUOTE]

I removed displaying of peoples’ faces already liking a product.

[quote name=‘jhagg’]This is working well, i believe I have found a bug if you can be so kind to correct it?

When you use “required products” on a product. Click on the required product tab and “be the first of your friends to like this” shows up twice in that tab…probably best to remove it altogether if possible in that tab or at least remove one instance?

Can you help with this?[/QUOTE]

It was fixed.

It was fixed.

[quote name=‘mmichaelbiz’]Product image selected to be displayed in FB is not consistant - Sometimes it selects the correct image sometimes not.

For example I enabled the: Use “Value changer” for the Quantity field option and the Facebook like link showed the Up arrow image from the Value Changer.

Image consisancy fix required.[/QUOTE]

I am looking for the ways how to resolve this problem.

[quote name=‘mmichaelbiz’]Also noticed that XHTML 1.0 Validation errors are given with the Facebook plugin:

3 Errors

1 Information Comment

Error:

Line 129, Column 42: document type does not allow element “div” here; assuming missing “object” start-tag

facebook_content

Error:

Line 132, Column 8: required attribute “type” not specified

The attribute given above is required for an element that you've used, but you have omitted it. For instance, in most HTML and XHTML document types the "type" attribute is required on the "script" element and the "alt" attribute is required for the "img" element.

Typical values for type are type="text/css" for and type="text/javascript" for .

Error:

Line 161, Column 7: end tag for "object" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".

Comment:

Line 129, Column 2: start tag was here
facebook_content
[/QUOTE]

I am investigating it now.

You can download the add-on with changes by the following link: [url]http://cahek.dev.cs-cart.com/download/index.php?action=facebook[/url]

Dear CaHek,

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhagg

This is working well, i believe I have found a bug if you can be so kind to correct it?

Can you help with this?

It was fixed.

I just downloaded latest files and tested, still not fixed…

(pic attached)

The new facebook like it for your option page is too big see pic.

Thank you.

Privacy Policy.png

Control4 Programming - Add 1 Room.png

Great fixes. Thanks!

one more fix taht has to do with the images published on Facebook and this addon would be awesome ! :slight_smile:

When I “Like” a product, no image shows at all on my profile

and

When I comment a product, it select images in the page other than the product image (in my case, it shows the captcha in facebook)

Also, there is a small formatting discrepandy “sign in as xxxx” text in the comment" where it shows distorded.

This is great work caHek.

Its any problem with facebook applications?

I am trying to create one and i am getting this error “Sorry, something went wrong.

We’re working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.”

[quote name=‘caHek’]I added a new block type called ‘Facebook like box’. Now you will be able to place the like box where necessary.

It was fixed.

I added one more type of the “Like it” button. Now, if the ‘Button + Comments’ type is selected, the “Like it” button and the block with comments will be displayed simultaneously.

I removed displaying of peoples’ faces already liking a product.

It was fixed.

It was fixed.

I am looking for the ways how to resolve this problem.

I am investigating it now.

You can download the add-on with changes by the following link: [url]http://cahek.dev.cs-cart.com/download/index.php?action=facebook[/url][/QUOTE]

Hi,

Once you download the rar file, which directories to we copy the files into?

Usually you just copy (merge) the folders from the archive into your main shop directory. It will automatically add the files into the right place.

Does anybody know whats the issue with not being able to post the correct product image in Facebook ??

[quote name=‘jhagg’]Dear CaHek,

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhagg

Can you help with this?

It was fixed.

I just downloaded latest files and tested, still not fixed…

(pic attached)

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this problem. Please download the latest add-on version, install it, and clear the cache. Please let me know if the problem is still actual for you.

[quote name=‘jhagg’]

The new facebook like it for your option page is too big see pic.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I added two settings to the ‘Facebook like box’ section of add-on settings: ‘Show faces’ and ‘Show stream’. If both these settings are disabled, only the company logo and the “Like it” button will be displayed in the like box.

[quote name=‘gugga7’]

one more fix taht has to do with the images published on Facebook and this addon would be awesome ! :slight_smile:

When I “Like” a product, no image shows at all on my profile

and

When I comment a product, it select images in the page other than the product image (in my case, it shows the captcha in facebook)

[/QUOTE]

The product image is displayed on Facebook now.

[quote name=‘gugga7’]

Also, there is a small formatting discrepandy “sign in as xxxx” text in the comment" where it shows distorded.

[/QUOTE]

I fixed it.

[quote name=‘larous’]Its any problem with facebook applications?

I am trying to create one and i am getting this error “Sorry, something went wrong.

We’re working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.”[/QUOTE]

Please describe the problem in more details.

You can download the add-on with latest changes by following this link: [url]http://cahek.simtechdev.com/download/index.php?action=facebook[/url]

[quote name=‘caHek’]Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this problem. Please download the latest add-on version, install it, and clear the cache. Please let me know if the problem is still actual for you.

I added two settings to the ‘Facebook like box’ section of add-on settings: ‘Show faces’ and ‘Show stream’. If both these settings are disabled, only the company logo and the “Like it” button will be displayed in the like box.

The product image is displayed on Facebook now.

I fixed it.

Please describe the problem in more details.

You can download the add-on with latest changes by following this link: [url]http://cahek.simtechdev.com/download/index.php?action=facebook[/url][/QUOTE]

Both of my problems are solved with this update, thanks!!

How can we control where the like button shows up?