Export only 1 product (article, item, category)

Is there any chance - that we are going to be able to - export only one article

(product or item, or category, or group of items)

from admin mode in next versions of CS Cart?

xxx.something.com/admin.php?dispatch=exim.export&section=products

Hello velisa,

[quote name='velisa' timestamp='1340883241' post='139534']

Is there any chance - that we are going to be able to - export only one article

(product or item, or category, or group of items)

from admin mode in next versions of CS Cart?

xxx.something.com/admin.php?dispatch=exim.export§ion=products

[/quote]

Thank you for your message.

In order to export one or several (not all) products you should do the following:

1. In your CS-Cart admin panel, go to Administration > Export Data > Products.
  2. In the Note section on the left, click on the Select link.
  3. On the opened page, select check boxes of the necessary products.
  4. Click the Choose action button and select Export selected.
  5. Click the Export button on the Export Data page.

These instructions are also available in the Product Export article of our Knowledge base (check step 5):

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

As regards articles (I suppose you mean pages by saying articles), unfortunately, there is no way to export them with using the standard Export Data feature.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

I imported all my products to new version from 2.1.4 to 2.2.5… however products was imported but the images of the products is not showing… please help…

Hello miracles,

Please make sure that paths to appropriate product images of imported products are correct in the .csv file that you used. I suggest that you should perform this process in the following way to avoid problems with importing images:

1. Export products in your CS-Cart admin panel of your store version 2.1.4. Before exporting them please make sure that the default path is specified in the Images directory text input field. You should not change this path and it should look as follows (e.g.):

/var/public_html/cscart214/images/backup

2) After exporting the products copy content of the images/backup directory of your CS-Cart installation version 2.1.4 and paste it to the images/backup directory of your CS-Cart installation version 2.2.5.

3) Make sure that the images directory of your CS-Cart installation version 2.2.5 and all its sub-directories and files have 777 permissions set for them.

4) Import the products in the CS-Cart admin panel of your store version 2.2.5. Before importing them please make sure that the default path is specified in the Images directory text input field. You should not change this path and it should look as follows (e.g.):

/var/public_html/cscart225/images/backup

After following these instructions images should be exported/imported without any problem. Please check it.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team