Excessive Amount Of Disk I/o

My host is telling me that I have to move from a managed VPS to a Managed Dedicated Server due to excessive amount of Disk I/O. (See reason below).

“What I can tell you is that your Managed VPS is averaging 8 GB of data writing per day, and it’s written almost 400 GB of data since it’s last reboot, which was May 31 2015. This level of disk writing will wear out the SSD storage on the server, which as you know is shared since you are a VPS, so this has the potential to affect every customer on the server and their stability.”

I am using CS 4.2.4 at this time. Has anyone else been seeing this type of Disk I/O? Is this common for CS-Cart, or should I be looking for some other reason for this high Disk I/O?

Thank you.

I have 1 site using 4.2.4 and it does not have this problem.

But I guess it could be a problem with features, Cache Size Exceeding 5Gb And Growing - How To Manage? - Issues & Troubleshooting - CS-Cart Community Forums

[quote name='Abaco' timestamp='1436804385' post='222754']

My host is telling me that I have to move from a managed VPS to a Managed Dedicated Server due to excessive amount of Disk I/O. (See reason below).

“What I can tell you is that your Managed VPS is averaging 8 GB of data writing per day, and it's written almost 400 GB of data since it's last reboot, which was May 31 2015. This level of disk writing will wear out the SSD storage on the server, which as you know is shared since you are a VPS, so this has the potential to affect every customer on the server and their stability.”

I am using CS 4.2.4 at this time. Has anyone else been seeing this type of Disk I/O? Is this common for CS-Cart, or should I be looking for some other reason for this high Disk I/O?

Thank you.

[/quote]

4.3.1 is less resource demanding. Probably the upgrade could solve your problem.

Thank you Kogi. Your link didn't solve our problem, but I appreciate your time to make the suggestion.

imac, we are working toward making the upgrade. Thank you.