Estimate Shipping Charges

I am just wondering whether I am correct in thinking that all people need to register before they can get estimated postage charges. Ideally I don’t want this, there is a bit in admin>settings that says estimate shipping on checkout page and assumed that this would enable people to be able to estimate their shipping prior to registering and ordering however it doesn’t. Can it be enabled at all?

cheers

[quote name=‘AmitP’]I am just wondering whether I am correct in thinking that all people need to register before they can get estimated postage charges. Ideally I don’t want this, there is a bit in admin>settings that says estimate shipping on checkout page and assumed that this would enable people to be able to estimate their shipping prior to registering and ordering however it doesn’t. Can it be enabled at all?

cheers[/QUOTE]

The “Estimate Shipping Charge” link is only displayed in the Cart, not on the checkout page. This is one of the reasons I changed all checkout links to actually send users to the Cart page, from there they can continue on to the actual Checkout page.

Sorry to ask for a VERY tall order dude, but is there any chance that I too could change these links and is it relatively easy? maybe something you may like to share with a mere newbie? :smiley:

thank you for quick response

BR

[quote name=‘AmitP’]Sorry to ask for a VERY tall order dude, but is there any chance that I too could change these links and is it relatively easy? maybe something you may like to share with a mere newbie? :smiley:

thank you for quick response

BR[/QUOTE]

Basically you need to change all buttoms or links which when clicked would take you to checkout.checkout and change them to checkout.cart (there are only approx. 3 places which need changed).

If you search through the forums you will find some very recent posts (within the last 7 days or so) mentioning specific details of where these changes would be made.

After some digging I found it thanks dude…for everyone else if you wanted to know…

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=77994&postcount=10[/url]

[quote name=‘AmitP’]After some digging I found it thanks dude…for everyone else if you wanted to know…

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=77994&postcount=10[/url][/QUOTE]

Glad you got it sorted out Dude!

Yeah, this is one of those little changes that makes a very big difference in the end results…

Hell yeah, lets hope it produces results and actual sales…I cant see many problems with it directing straight to the checkout.