Errors for user not good enough.....

Errors for user not good enough… an example is if a user already has an account and on checkout tries to create a new one, an error box temporarily appears in the top right corner and then dissapears… these type of errors should appear in the cart form so that it stays there and the customer can read it… is there a solution to this currently?

The little warning boxes that appear in the corner are just the method CS-Cart uses for warnings and errors. Keeping them out of the actual template allows the entire error system to be standardized and modularized; Error systems are notoriously hard to debug after any kind of major change.

As a solution, perhaps moving the window to a more central part of the screen might work. Maybe if they were larger the message would be harder to miss. I’ve implemented both solutions, myself.

If you had to work with the error / warning box (which you do), what ideas do you have about making it more visible? I might use the idea myself sometime.

[quote name=‘gginorio’]The little warning boxes that appear in the corner are just the method CS-Cart uses for warnings and errors. Keeping them out of the actual template allows the entire error system to be standardized and modularized; Error systems are notoriously hard to debug after any kind of major change.

As a solution, perhaps moving the window to a more central part of the screen might work. Maybe if they were larger the message would be harder to miss. I’ve implemented both solutions, myself.

If you had to work with the error / warning box (which you do), what ideas do you have about making it more visible? I might use the idea myself sometime.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how to make the error message stay up for a bit longer?

Thanks

[quote name=‘badmaash’]Do you know how to make the error message stay up for a bit longer?

Thanks[/quote]

settings → admin → ajax timeout

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]settings → admin → ajax timeout[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reply…

I cannot find ajax timeout

There is no such thing as settings / admin / ajax time out…

So I went admin / setting and then cannot find this, I also looked every where else too…?

Settings->Appearance->Common Settings->“Notice displaying time (to turn off the autohide function enter 0)”

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Settings->Appearance->Common Settings->“Notice displaying time (to turn off the autohide function enter 0)”[/QUOTE]

Found it under Customer Settings… thx