"Error Occurred" after upgrade

My client recently upgrade his cs-cart software and is now getting a white page with “Error Occured” in the upper left hand corner when trying to access the store's main page or the admin section.

Can anybody point us in the right direction to try to resolve this?

Thanks!

You're getting a database error but the store is in live mode so it's not reporting it to you. You'll have to figure out how to set the store's operating mode to 'development' instead of 'live' so you can see the error and/or change the database logging option to enabled for 'errors' and then go look at the logs (either through admin or via phpMyAdmin directly in the database).

I think I found the value to turn on the logging in the cscart_settings table but I'm not positive.

The options there are:

log_type_orders

log_type_users

log_type_products

log_type_categories

log_type_database

log_type_requests

log_type_news

The option type for all is currently set to “N”. All of the values appear to be a “Y”. Do I need to do anything to enable database logging and how do I access the logs.

I was to find the “debuggin_console” field and changed that value to “Y”, but am still unable to access the customer or admin pages. Any ideas?

Thanks again for all the help.

Jeff

I renamed the index.php file and upload a test index.php file that rendered properly. Would this point to a problem with the php files or config.local.php file since the cs-cart php files aren't rendering?

More than likely CS-Cart' default permission scheme found under config.local.php

Some servers use different permission schemas, accordingly require the corrrect chmod on files.

Are you referring to these?

// Default permissions for newly created files and directories

define('DEFAULT_FILE_PERMISSIONS', 0666);

define('DEFAULT_DIR_PERMISSIONS', 0777);

If so, are these settings new in the upgrades? If not, why would they cause the entire site to go down?

Thanks!

I commented those settings out but still have the same issue.

[quote name='idpweb' timestamp='1312027897' post='118538']

Are you referring to these?

// Default permissions for newly created files and directories

define('DEFAULT_FILE_PERMISSIONS', 0666);

define('DEFAULT_DIR_PERMISSIONS', 0777);

If so, are these settings new in the upgrades? If not, why would they cause the entire site to go down?

Thanks!

[/quote]

[quote name='idpweb' timestamp='1312029250' post='118539']

I commented those settings out but still have the same issue.

[/quote]

Commenting them out won't help.

Depending on what your server uses, will depend on what file permissions are required.

suPHP

All files = 644

Only .php files = 600

Directories = 755

DSO

All files = 644

Files needing write permissions (config.local.php for example) = 666

/var/ | /images/ | /skins/ = 755 for all files and folders under these directories

Also, delete everything under /var/cache/ and /var/compiled/

I changed those to 0644 and 0755 since the other files on my server have that. I deleted everything in the two directories that you referenced.

Nothing has changed though.

Hmm …

Okay, we're all just guessing here… We don't even know what version you upgraded from and what version you upgraded to.

Use phpMyAdmin to open your database.

Search the cscart_settings table for a 'option_name' of 'store_optimization'.

Change the 'value' field to 'dev' and save.

Then try going to your admin page. You should see the database error that is causing the problem.

You replacement of index.php simply bypassed the cart. To have database error logging turned on, change your 'log_type_database' value to 'Y'.