Error message at Admin login

I need help. I get the following error message when I go to my Admin login page.

Can’t login using https:/NAMEOFWEBSITE.com/NAMEOFADMIN.php

gets redirected to

[url]http://NAMEOFWESITE.com/index.php?sef_rewrite=1[/url]

with the following error message:

Warning: dir(/home/compactd/public_html/var/cache/block_132_ [function.dir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/DATABASENAME/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 447

Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /home/DATABASENAME/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 448

I was told

Your software is setting the permissions of the files in the cache directory to d-w–wx-wT, this is then preventing your software from being able to read the cache files.

d-w–wx-wT 2 nobody nobody 2048 May 13 01:23 schema_last_edited_items_schema

d-w–wx-wT 2 nobody nobody 2048 May 13 01:20 schema_last_view_view_conditions

d-w–wx-wT 2 nobody nobody 2048 May 13 01:23 schema_menu_menu

d-w–wx-wT 2 nobody nobody 2048 May 13 01:20 schema_permissions_trusted_controllers

So how do I fix this problem?

Is this a repost from [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=119687&postcount=14[/url] ?

The problem still exists. I wanted to move the post to its own category.

You’ve got incorrect permissions assigned to /var/cache/*

CHMOD/Permissions depend on the server environment. If you moved from SCH to another host, it’s a good chance your server is setup with DSO instead of suPHP as was SCH natively.

Moved to suPHP still have the issue.

Any other ideas what might be causing this?

New error message:

Admin

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Front page error message:

Warning: dir(/home/compactd/public_html/var/cache/block_134_1) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/compactd/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 447

Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /home/compactd/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 448

Warning: dir(/home/compactd/public_html/var/cache/block_134_1) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/compactd/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 447

Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /home/compactd/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 448

I’ve been told this something in the code is causing the redirect loops. Any idea what?

Changing the PHP Method is only part of the issue. You clearly have permissions problems. Get your current host to set the permissions on files/directories appropriate to you hosting environment. Also have them set the ownerships of files/directories appropriate to you site.

[quote name=‘Compact Discount’]New error message:

Admin

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Front page error message:

I’ve been told this something in the code is causing the redirect loops. Any idea what?[/quote]

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Changing the PHP Method is only part of the issue. You clearly have permissions problems. Get your current host to set the permissions on files/directories appropriate to you hosting environment. Also have them set the ownerships of files/directories appropriate to you site.[/quote]

If he moved from SCH to ServINT (I’m guessing here) then he would have moved from suPHP to DSO. Considering he has issues creating folders in /var/cache/ it’s either suPHP permissions on DSO or otherway around.

I suggest you contact your host for a resolution as we can’t guess your hosting environment.

J.

I did move from SCH to ServINT. I was setup with DSO asked to be moved to suPHP based on suggestion here.

I decided to try and reinstall the cart from scratch.

Deleted all the CS-cart files uploaded all files for an new install

and what do I get for this a new error message.

Warning: require(/home/DATABASENAME/public_html/config.local.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/DATABASENAME/public_html/config.php on line 192

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/DATABASENAME/public_html/config.local.php’ (include_path=‘/home/DATABASENAME/public_html/lib/pear/.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/DATABASENAME/public_html/config.php on line 192

I need to get my site up. I’m seriously looking into getting another shopping cart program.

I love CS-Cart when it’s working to this is nuts.

Again, you probably have a permissions problem (or ownership) as stated in at least 4 posts above. config.local.php is edited during the install process. So either you ignored the error or its failure was silent.

Does that file exist on you system?

You have “root cause” problem that until it’s addressed, something will always be wrong. Fix the root cause and your problems will go away.

I also moved from SCH to ServInt and I’m having the same Permission issues. Their support seem to struggle with the problem source. I just told them about DSO vs suPHP and waiting on their feedback.

The error I’m getting is: Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 114

And I can’t flush the cache because of permission issue.

Anything else I should let them know about besided the suPHP ?

[quote name=‘gugga7’]I also moved from SCH to ServInt and I’m having the same Permission issues. Their support seem to struggle with the problem source. I just told them about DSO vs suPHP and waiting on their feedback.

The error I’m getting is: Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 114

And I can’t flush the cache because of permission issue.

Anything else I should let them know about besided the suPHP ?[/quote]

Not really,

If you want to send me your root password to the server, I can fix the problem up. Basically you’ve got a few non-ownership files. Typically reserved for ‘apache’ which should be the same as your cpanel account name. The whole reason that ‘var/compiled/’ exists in a way.

J.