Error Message After Server Upgraded To 5.4 From 5.2-Need Help

Hello,

I have cs-cart 2.2.4 Pro, which was on a 5.2 version of PHP. My host was suppose to upgrade PHP to a 5.3 version. Instead, it was upgraded to a 5.4 version.

Everything appears to work OK, have not seen any functionality problems, however in the header of the admin and customer side, I have this code and would like to know how to get rid of it. I did clear the cache, ?cc.

Thanks,

Bob

Strict Standards: Declaration of Templater::display() should be compatible with Smarty::display($resource_name, $cache_id = NULL, $compile_id = NULL) in /home/myaccount/public_html/core/class.templater.php on line 24

Hello Bob!

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1397215455' post='181542']

Hello,

I have cs-cart 2.2.4 Pro, which was on a 5.2 version of PHP. My host was suppose to upgrade PHP to a 5.3 version. Instead, it was upgraded to a 5.4 version.

Everything appears to work OK, have not seen any functionality problems, however in the header of the admin and customer side, I have this code and would like to know how to get rid of it. I did clear the cache, ?cc.

Thanks,

Bob

Strict Standards: Declaration of Templater::display() should be compatible with Smarty::display($resource_name, $cache_id = NULL, $compile_id = NULL) in /home/myaccount/public_html/core/class.templater.php on line 24

[/quote]

Thank you for the message.

I should inform you that, unfortunately, PHP 5.4 is not supported by CS-Cart 2 as far as Smarty version 2.6.18 is used in it, which is not compatible with PHP 5.4. A lot of different problems may occur, so we recommend you to downgrade your PHP version to 5.3.x. or upgrade your store system to the latest version. CS-Cart 4.0.x/4.1.x supports PHP version 5.4.

Thank you.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Anastasiya,

Thanks for your help.

I am requesting a roll back to 5.3. I think they actually have to move the store to another server with 5.3. I was planning on upgrading when 4.1.4 comes out, or the last week of this Month/beginning of May (when I have time), which ever comes first. The upgrade to 5.3 was the first step.

Bob

Dear Bob!

You are welcome! Hope everything will go smoothly.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Well, not smooth. Host moved store to a server with 5.3. Now all I see is "[color=#000000]Error occurred". I deleted the compiled and cache files via FTP. Host does not know what this is, no reason given for Error Occurred. May have to go back to 5.2.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bob[/font][/size]

Update: Host was able to get site working on 5.3. I think initially the permissions changed, but working now.

Bob

Dear Bob!

I am glad to hear that your site is working properly now. Thank you for keeping me informed.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team