Error Can't create database.

So, what's the trick to installing this this?

I already created database in phpmyadmin, as instructed, but when I get to this on the install screen, no matter what I put in for database name, user and password, I get the error message:

Error

Can't create database. Please check user permissions or create it manually.

MySQL server host MySQL database name MySQL user MySQL password

What am I missing?

Hello, dotell!

If you have created the database already, you should enter its data (name, user, password) during the installation.

If it does not work, please contact our support team via [url=“My account -”]https://www.cs-cart.com/helpdesk[/url] and provide them with a temporary FTP access to your server. They will be glad to help.

Issue solved!

[quote name='dotell' timestamp='1327086393' post='129673'] Issue solved! [/quote]

Hi dotell,

I am currently having this issue with error message that database can't be created when installing Ultimate.

Could you please share what the solution or workaround to this issue was.

Thanks.

99 out of 100 it is that you havent put in the database detials correctly, doule check them and remember if when you create it it will need the _, i.e

cscart_yourdatabasename

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1339511678' post='138544']

99 out of 100 it is that you havent put in the database detials correctly, doule check them and remember if when you create it it will need the _, i.e

cscart_yourdatabasename

[/quote]

Hi John,

Thanks for your response.

The database details were all correct which I check on all occasions of retrying.

This is the first install I've done with Ulitmate and managed to resolve the installation after changing MYSQL Host name to 'localhost'.

If I entered the actual hostname or IP address it failed. However, with other installations in the past with Professional this has not caused any issues when entering the actual server host name.

I see, not sure, mine always has “localhost” as the deafult

We had a similar error like this before and it was because while we did create our database and database user we had forgotten to assign the user to the database.