Error after PHP upgrade

My host upgraded PHP to version 5.2.17 (for security reasons).

I'm running CS-Cart 2.1.4 and since the PHP upgrade I'm getting two errors (that I know of).

1. CS-Cart can no longer send email via PHP Mail function
  2. When I attempt to view orders created prior to the PHP upgrade, I get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/rntcom/public_html/var/compiled/admin/%%C6^C64^C64C7914%%new_shipment.tpl.php on line 25

Cache cleared, same errors. All compiled files deleted, same errors.

My host can only suggest that I install the upgrade to ver 2.2.1 and see if it resolves the problem.

Anyone have any idea what's happening here?

Should not have caused any problems for that php version.

For the mail, look at your php_info and see what the mailer is set to. Have your host verify that PHP mail can be sent outside the cs-cart application.

For the other, it's definitely a template compilation error. Normally this error occurs when an addon tries to return from a POST without redirecting (no no in cs-cart). So you might want to disable any non cs-cart addons you have installed and see if the problem goes away. If so, enable one by one and then contact the vendor when one generates the error again.

No amount of cache clearing is solving this problem. It's something else.

I have found that if I EDIT the orders, and process them thru all four steps to the final step and then SAVE them that it solves the problem (for that order).

Only 1000 orders to go thru, one at a time, and I'll be good.