Enlarging the middle block

Hi everyone,

How to enlarge,stretch the middle blocks to the right and left for covering the full page.

What we need is: for example, for the products pages and categories page, we will remove or disable the right and left blocks and the customers will only view the products just like the checkout page.

Is it Possible?

Thanks,

Hello, getreal

In order to implement it, you should disable the “Left column” and “Right column” sections in the “Products” and “Categories” tabs on the “Blocks” page in the administration panel.

Or you change the css code to do this. Enlarge the complete whith from the skin and change the right middle and left too.

Thanks both of you for the replies.

We’re trying to enlarge the product page middle block to the right and left while keeping other part of the pages same like 3 blocks together.

To describe what I mean ,I prepared some screenshot just for a reference.If you show us a way how to do this, I will appreciate for that.The file is attached.

Hello, getreal

Unfortunately, there is no way to configure the default CS-Cart store to work in this way.

Thanks for your answer.

1.Cs-Cart has very good feature like Blocks but its capabilities need to be improved.If this feature is included, I think all store owners will be glad to see.

2. How we can do this by playing with css codes? Can you give me the name of the css files we need to edit, and what’s other things we have to do to reach this aim?

Thanks,

Hello, getreal

I would like to inform you that since recently we have used the UserVoice service to accept new feature requests and suggestions on improving CS-Cart: http://cscart.uservoice.com

We would like to ask you to post your suggestion regarding the block manager functionality to the CS-Cart forum at uservoice.com or provide us with all the details of the desired functionality so that we could post your request on your behalf. The detailed information and explanation why this feature is important to be implemented will help it to earn more votes and probably be among the top features that might be added to CS-Cart.

As regards implementing your request, unfortunately, it is not enough just to edit some .css files and templates to implement it. More complicated changes are required to make it.

Thanks for your reply.Sorry to say that:Let me explain some realities>

About the user voice:

Your suggested way is a long process, the feature request need many votes and it requires at least like 5 -6 months to rise to top10.

Also,cs-cart developers don’t give enough importance to the most requested features.There are many feature requests having more than 150 votes,and kept waiting like years.

Of course, you will say,they are spending much time to improve the default cs-cart features,options,core functions etc but:

opening a feature request,having 300 votes, waiting for cs-cart architects for accepting and developing it,and they will not declare anything about when it will be released.Praying God is an easier way for having this feature.

We will open our site and we need to arrange the blocks according to our needs.So, instead of suggesting us conventional ways of doing this, if you help us telling the general scheme for this feature(what steps we need to follow),we will hire some developer to get it done.

Hi getreal,

if you have some time i will write you how you get more whidth for middle block or extend the complete skin whidth when you have time. But at the moment i have self opened some threads and nobody answer me.

Is that ok for you?

PS: write me how many px should be the complete skin whdith then i write you what you must to do.

Hi Triplex,

Thanks for your answer and for your concern.I will be glad to hear some help from you.If we got some schema to do this, we can get it develop.

As a width,you can use the picture above as a reference, the product details block will have a width as much as 3 blocks.

We will place right,middle,center(3) blocks above and below to products details block but the product details block will cover the whole area.

We will be waiting for your answer.

Thank you,

Triplex,

Any free time you have for the issue above?

Thanks for your concern,

[quote name=‘getreal’]Thanks for your reply.Sorry to say that:Let me explain some realities>

About the user voice:

Your suggested way is a long process, the feature request need many votes and it requires at least like 5 -6 months to rise to top10.

Also,cs-cart developers don’t give enough importance to the most requested features.There are many feature requests having more than 150 votes,and kept waiting like years.

Of course, you will say,they are spending much time to improve the default cs-cart features,options,core functions etc but:

opening a feature request,having 300 votes, waiting for cs-cart architects for accepting and developing it,and they will not declare anything about when it will be released.Praying God is an easier way for having this feature.

We will open our site and we need to arrange the blocks according to our needs.So, instead of suggesting us conventional ways of doing this, if you help us telling the general scheme for this feature(what steps we need to follow),we will hire some developer to get it done.[/QUOTE]

Hello, getreal

Thank you for your clarifications.

Unfortunately, it is required to make a lot of code modifications to change the blocks functionality.

It is not covered by our support service. We can only advise you view the PHP, CSS, JavaScript and TPL files that have the “block_manager” text in the name or that are located in the “block_manager” directories.

Thank you.