Empty Product Tab Description Except In Table Database

It must be my lucky week.

I exported the products from one store to import it into another. I followed the exact instructions as lined out here:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.16.x documentation

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.16.x documentation

Now that went pretty smooth, but now noticed something else. In store to which I imported the products, some products are missing the English product description in the product description tab from the view of the store front and of the admin store panel.

See this image from the front

[attachment=9528:screenshot_empty_tab.png]

However if you turn to the database you will find that all products have a full product description that should be used by the store but are not.

[attachment=9527:screenshot_database.png]

Why is that and what is the best remedie to solve this ?

screenshot_database.png

screenshot_empty_tab.png

Basically this has happened to all products.

Each product in store B has no filled product description tab for language code [en] (English) but it does have it for language codes [nl] (Dutch) and [de] (German).

Even though when again looking at the table cscart_product_description these tabs should have been filled but are not.

Please any suggestions on how to fix this issue.

Regards

Anthony

Most possibly the issue in the cscart_ult_product_descriptions table which is responsible for products sharing among store-fronts (even one strore-front is used). Please check

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1431356756' post='213980']

Most possibly the issue in the cscart_ult_product_descriptions table which is responsible for products sharing among store-fronts (even one strore-front is used). Please check

[/quote]

Hmm take a peek at this screenshot

[attachment=9529:cscart_ult_product_description.png]

I am not sure what to look for, please explain it to this laymen.

I forgot to mention that the original products export csv file was generated in a store for export which originally had a multi storefront but which I earlier this year uncoupled and just functions like a normal single store front cs-cart webstore.

cscart_ult_product_description.png

If I look at the same table from the store where from the product data originated than that same table is empty

[attachment=9530:cscart_ult_product_description_healthavengers.png]

Hence this would lead me to deduce the problem to this cscart_ult_product_description table in the newly installed store (www.pasioonline.com).

Should I delete all the records in this particular table ?

cscart_ult_product_description_healthavengers.png

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1431356756' post='213980']

[/quote]

OMG

I see what you mean, the store is not retrieving the records from table cscart_product_descriptions but from the shared table cscart_ult_product_descriptions instead.

How can I reverse this ?

Problem solved

@Ecom-Labs gave me the right hint in terms of looking at the cscart_ult_product_descriptions table.

The steps I have taken to solve the issue of empty product tabs had to do with the fact that I previously had store A operate as a store with two store fronts. I had an addon in place to share product descriptions between stores.

Initially had only uncoupled the store fronts and migrated all the store data from store front 2 to the newly installed store B with exception of the product data.

I deleted the second store front 2 in store A and presumed that I could now export the product data without any issues. I was wrong.

So I ended up with the empty product tabs

[attachment=9536:screenshot_empty_tab.png]

@Ecom-Labs pointed in the direction that the cscart_ult_product_descriptions might be the crux. It was an indication that the addon that I used in store A to share product descriptions between store fronts needed to be uninstalled. After I uninstalled this addon in store A and deleted the cscart_ult_product_descriptions table for store B I began exporting the product data from store A as directed in this tutorial:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

and of course to import the products

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

than HugeDomains.com

And all is well again.

screenshot_empty_tab.png

We are glad to hear that the problem is solved. Hope that this information will be helpful for someone else