Email confusion what is sent where and when

I think I have the email setup and working using the php email option. Some things that are happening that do make sense include …

If the customer adds a note to one of his orders, an email is sent to the sales department email addy.

If an administrator adds a note to an order, an email is sent to the customer.

But then there are things that don’t seem to happen correctly and I am not sure if it is a setup issue.

The contact form sends the contact email to an address that I cannot figure out where it is getting the addy. Where do you see and change the address the contact form email goes to

Second…is any email sent when a new order is placed…if so where does it go

First

Contact form is setup when you go to Admin - Content - Pages - Contact Us - Edit - Form Builder - Email To

Second - Yes

Administration - Settings - Company - Order department e-mail address

[quote name=‘jvanlaar’]I think I have the email setup and working using the php email option. Some things that are happening that do make sense include …

If the customer adds a note to one of his orders, an email is sent to the sales department email addy.

If an administrator adds a note to an order, an email is sent to the customer.

But then there are things that don’t seem to happen correctly and I am not sure if it is a setup issue.

The contact form sends the contact email to an address that I cannot figure out where it is getting the addy. Where do you see and change the address the contact form email goes to

Second…is any email sent when a new order is placed…if so where does it go[/QUOTE]

The contact us e-mail is set up in content > pages > contact us form > form builder …

Sorry, can’t help with your other queries,

Barry

[quote name=‘jvanlaar’]Second…is any email sent when a new order is placed…if so where does it go[/QUOTE]

You should be getting an email at the address specified for “Order department e-mail address” in Settings:Company. However, you will only get the admin email for order statuses where “Notify customer” is checked in Orders>Order statuses.

I do not really like the way customer/admin notification is tied together.

Bob

Thanks for your quick responses folks…and we continue to press along.:wink:

please tell me something what is the Reply-To newsletter e-mail address used for???

am i actually supposed to put an email as mailinglist@mydomain.com or should this be contact@mydomain.com

If someone you send a newsletter to replies to that newsletter, the reply will go to the email address you specified for that setting