Email address verification - check

Has anyone created a routine for instantly verifying the existence of the email?
we are bombarded with orders with false addresses, we have found this routine; I’m looking for someone to apply it to my website by modifying it for cs-cart

<? // I create a variable with the email to verify $email = "email@domain.com"; // Check the correct formatting of the email address via regex. // If the result is positive, I confirm and then move on to checking the DNS if (preg_match("/^[_a-z0-9-]+(.[_a-z0-9-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(.[a-z0-9-]+ )+$/", $email)) { // print confirmation of the positive outcome of the test carried out with regex echo "Formatting Check: OK

"; echo "MX records for " . $email . ":
"; // Divide the email using the dot as a separator list($alias, $domain) = split("@", $email); // I use the checkdnsrr function to check that in DNS // there are MX records in the reference domain. if (checkdnsrr($domain, "MX")) { // Retrieve the MX records and create an array with the results getmxrr($domain, $mxhosts); // Loop through the $mxhosts array and print the results foreach($mxhosts as $mxKey => $mxValue) { echo "- " . $mxValue . "
"; } // I confirm that the test has been passed and therefore the email is valid! echo "Host check: OK

" ; // If the checkdnserr function fails // Print an error message }else{ echo "- No records found.
"; echo "Host verification: FAILED

"; } // ...if there is a formatting error I print an error message }else{ echo "Formatting check: FAILED

"; } ?>

ChatGPT response

To integrate email verification into the registration process of your CS-Cart website, you’ll need to modify the registration functionality to include the email verification routine. Here’s a general outline of how you can achieve this:

1. Modify the registration form: Add an additional field for users to enter their email address during registration if it’s not already included.
  2. Validate the email format: Use JavaScript validation or server-side validation to ensure that the email address entered by the user is in the correct format before submitting the registration form.
  3. Perform email verification: After the user submits the registration form, perform the email verification routine you provided earlier (email_verification.php) to check the existence of the email address.
  4. Handle verification results: Depending on the verification results, you can either allow the user to proceed with registration or display an error message indicating that the email address is invalid or does not exist.
  5. Complete the registration process: If the email address is verified successfully, proceed with the registration process as usual. Send a confirmation email to the user to confirm their registration.

Here’s a basic example of how you can modify the registration process to include email verification:

<?php
// Assuming this code is part of your registration processing logic

// Retrieve user input from registration form
$username = $_POST['username'];
$password = $_POST['password'];
$email = $_POST['email'];

// Validate email format
if (!filter_var($email, FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL)) {
    // Email format is invalid
    echo "Invalid email address.";
    exit;
}

// Perform email verification
require_once('email_verification.php');

// If email verification fails
if (!is_email_valid($email)) {
    echo "Invalid or non-existent email address.";
    exit;
}

// Continue with registration process
// Your registration logic goes here...

// Send confirmation email to the user
// This step typically involves sending a confirmation email to the user to verify their email address

// Display success message to the user
echo "Registration successful! Please check your email for further instructions.";
?>

In this example, email_verification.php contains the email verification routine, and the registration processing logic checks the validity of the email address before proceeding with registration.

Remember to thoroughly test the registration process in a development environment to ensure that it functions as expected and handles various scenarios, such as valid and invalid email addresses. Additionally, consider implementing security measures, such as CAPTCHA, to prevent abuse of the registration form.