Editing the skin

[font=“Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif”][color=“#454545”][size=3]Hi to everyone![/size][/color][/font]

[color=#454545][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I have just created a new store on a CS Cart Pro platform. I have another 3 stores on another platform which I know very well and I have recently decided that this new one will be on CS Cart constructed due to it's richness in features and addons.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#454545][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I am not able to change anything in CS Cart. I think I am not working in the right files. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#454545][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] I am not a programmer and I have learnt a little bit of html myself in order to implement minor changes in the code of my store. On my other stores I[/size][/font][/color] [font=“Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif”][color=“#454545”][size=3]tried to find the file with the code for a certain part of the site and introduced a few numbers (1, 2, 3, 4…) in order to find the right place where I should modify the code. On CS Cart doesn't work this technique. [/size][/color][/font][color=#454545][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]For example I wanted to introduce the cart button on the right side of the header. Therefore I took the code [/size][/font][/color]

{include file="common_templates/search.tpl"}

[color=#454545][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]for the previous from where is it now and I pasted it on [/size][/font][/color]public_html/skins/food/customer/top.tpl

on the desired place. Nothing appeared. I wanted to see if I am modifying the right file and I applied my old technique with the numbers, but there appeared also nothing.

Please help me find what am I doing wrong. My website. Thank you.

Try clearing your store cache by using ?cc

After that, select “Development Mode” in the lower right of your admin panel screens. Then go make your changes.

What's happening is that the pages are cached and your changes are not. When you run in development mode changes are not cached so you will see your changes right away.

Thanks a lot. It worked.