Easier way to manage categories for vendors

Hello commerce members,

While I was discovering the multivendor demo on CS-Cart I miss a feature for managing categories for each vendor. In the current situation you must custom select categories for each new vendor or choose to enable all categories.

In case if you have many many categories and want to make a standard selection, you must always enable the categories for each vendor. That is much work, this can be easier.

My proposal is the follow:

Step 1. Create a vendor tab on the “Manage category page”.

Step 2. Set a checkbox in this vendor tab.

Step 3. If the checkbox in the vendor tab is enabled, then display the category in the standard category selection by each vendor.

Please check also my printscreen from the situation.

In a later phrase you can create “vendor groups” and enable/disable the category for each vendor group in the same vendor tab.

Please let shine your light over the idea above. Maybe we can work it out in the idea forum.

[quote name=‘dennis’]Hello commerce members,

While I was discovering the multivendor demo on CS-Cart I miss a feature for managing categories for each vendor. In the current situation you must custom select categories for each new vendor or choose to enable all categories.

In case if you have many many categories and want to make a standard selection, you must always enable the categories for each vendor. That is much work, this can be easier.

My proposal is the follow:

Step 1. Create a vendor tab on the “Manage category page”.

Step 2. Set a checkbox in this vendor tab.

Step 3. If the checkbox in the vendor tab is enabled, then display the category in the standard category selection by each vendor.

Please check also my printscreen from the situation.

In a later phrase you can create “vendor groups” and enable/disable the category for each vendor group in the same vendor tab.

Please let shine your light over the idea above. Maybe we can work it out in the idea forum.[/QUOTE]

At this moment the feature above is in development. It become an addon. the expect finishing date is 25 april 2011. Please PM me if you want to get also this addon.

The add-on is finished.

If you have interest, I can share with you. I need no profit for it only share the developing costs. So number of users/costs.

Anyone?

[quote name='dennis' timestamp='1303469865' post='110725']

The add-on is finished.

If you have interest, I can share with you. I need no profit for it only share the developing costs. So number of users/costs.

Anyone?

[/quote]

Hi Dennis,

I'm very, very interested in this Addon. How much are you asking for it?

[quote name='dennis' timestamp='1303469865' post='110725']

The add-on is finished.

Anyone?

[/quote]

Hello denis

how much is the cost for this addon?

[quote name='iliasifestos' timestamp='1318114861' post='123238']

Hello denis

how much is the cost for this addon?

[/quote]

This mod is ready for use indeed and running on version 2.2.2.

Please PM me, if you have interest in the mod.

Thank you.