E-mail notification for all placed orders.

Hi,

I want notification e-mails for all orders when clicking “place order button”.

How can I do this?

Thanks!

Check the “Notify orders department” checkbox in the Open and Processed order statuses in “Orders/Order statuses” in your admin panel.

Thank you for reply… But I think new orders comes with “incomplete” status in v2.1.2.

I believe it’s only if they fail…

All new order status names are “incompleted” before payment. (This was “open” in v2.0.15)

And this changed as “processed” after payment.

But I want a notification e-mail for all place order commands.

With payment or without payment… I want e-mail for all.

Admin>Orders>Order Statuses Edit whichever order status you are referring to so that Notify Customer and/or Notify Orders Department is Checked

[quote name=‘Struck’]Admin>Orders>Order Statuses Edit whichever order status you are referring to so that Notify Customer and/or Notify Orders Department is Checked[/QUOTE]

New order statuses are “INCOMPLETE” and I can’t see incomplete order status in Admin>Orders>Order Statuses.

As of 2.1.2, Incompleted is not an exposed status. There are requests out to make it so for exactly the reasons you want. But for now, it’s not.

Oh yeah, I forgot that the incomplete orders are now being handled differently in 2.1.2. and stored seperately… My mistake.

I have checked that Incomplete Orders link several times & have never seen even one record logged in our site other than for a few seconds once while a customer happened to be placing the order & then of course it became processed, must be a good thing!

So, I guess the real question is why is sedatsenol receiving all of these “Incomplete Orders” ?

[quote name=‘Struck’]Oh yeah, I forgot that the incomplete orders are now being handled differently in 2.1.2. and stored seperately… My mistake.

I have checked that Incomplete Orders link several times & have never seen even one record logged in our site other than for a few seconds once while a customer happened to be placing the order & then of course it became processed, must be a good thing!

So, I guess the real question is why is sedatsenol receiving all of these “Incomplete Orders” ?[/QUOTE]

I want just notification e-mail when customers click “PLACE ORDER” button.

Not for only incomplete orders.

@sedatsenol - the point he is making is that an incomplete order should not give notification to the customer. It is an incomplete order. I.e. if failed for some reason. Hence, sending the customer an email might cause they to think the order was succcssfully placed (which it was not).

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]@sedatsenol - the point he is making is that an incomplete order should not give notification to the customer. It is an incomplete order. I.e. if failed for some reason. Hence, sending the customer an email might cause they to think the order was succcssfully placed (which it was not).[/QUOTE]

Yes, you right but I need this. :slight_smile:

Is it possible if I want to “OPEN” status instead “incomplete” for new orders?

Can I change new order status?

:confused:

No idea. An order stuck in incomplete status is basically that “incomplete”. I do not know if you can manually change the order status or not for these types of orders. Sorry, can’t help you.

[QUOTE]But I think new orders comes with “incomplete” status in v2.1.2.[/QUOTE]

No, absolutely not!

New orders should be coming through as either “Open” or “Processed” which would allow you to receive the email notifications & other normal behaviour you are requesting… :confused:

If all of your new orders are coming through as “Incomplete” then you have a serious problem somewhere in your installation or payment processor settings, etc.

[quote name=‘Struck’]No, absolutely not!

New orders should be coming through as either “Open” or “Processed” which would allow you to receive the email notifications & other normal behaviour you are requesting… :confused:

If all of your new orders are coming through as “Incomplete” then you have a serious problem somewhere in your installation or payment processor settings, etc.[/QUOTE]

Really? I sent test order via 2checkout payment and all orders looking incomplete before 2co payment.

I review any incomplete orders and delete them after I feel the customer is not going to try to pay for the order again.

The nice thing about the Incomplete status (status N) is that it does not debit the inventory. Previously if an order went to PayPal (for example) and was not paid for or was abandoned, it was Open status and debitted the inventory. The order had to be Cancelled first, and then deleted - which sent more email to the customer.

The only thing that needs to be done to satisfy sedatsenal’s needs is the Administrator>Orders>Order Status form should include editing of the Incomplete Status as well as the others. I don’t think it is intentionally hidden on this form, as much as it just hasn’t been included in an update of the Order Status form.

Orders used to be in a BackOrder status while they were waiting in limbo for payment. It caused problems with the inventory for me.

Order are now Incomplete until a payment method is completed.

From my experience:

Check, Money Order payments selections set the order to Open (and awaiting payment).

Abandoned Paypal or Credit Card orders are Incomplete.

Completed Paypal or Credit Card orders are Processed, or Failed, or Declined.

[QUOTE]Really? I sent test order via 2checkout payment and all orders looking incomplete before 2co payment.[/QUOTE]

I am not familar with 2checkout, however, I would still think these orders should initially be made with “Open” status until payment has actually been made at which time the status should change to “Processed”.

The Incomplete status is not in the cscart_statuses table. It is an internal status and is not intended to be treated like a normal status. It indicates a problem or an incomplete state.

When a request is sent to an offline payment provider, status is set to Incomplete. If the processor responds to the request, it will go to Open. When the provider indicates that the requested transaction has completed successfully, the status will go to Processed.

If you use offline.tpl as the template or there is no payment_id (processor) for an order, then the order status will never go to Processed without it being done manually.

So if all your orders are ending up as Incomplete, then there is a problem between your cart and your payment provider. Check your PHP error_log, your browser error console and the Administration/logs for http requests.

You have something wrong.

OK… I must be missing something… New install of cs-cart… I have notify customers and orders department checked… Customer received email but admin orders dept. doesn’t… I’ve checked the email addresses in the settings they are correct… What am I missing…??? Thanks for your input…