Does This Still Happen In V4?

I’ve not updated to V4 simply because I’m fed up working on my site and I wanted to leave it as it’s working and orders are being placed. But today I had a problem and so may update soon. I just need to know if this has been fixed ?

The process - Customer places an order but enters an invalid email address on the domain side, he put con instead of com.

The result - I got an unroutable emails, the order status was set to back order and the stock levels where adjusted to remove the stock.

The problem - I often have only one of each item so all these products were set to “out of stock”. So I could not simply fix the email error and change the status to process. When I did it warned items were out of stock. So I had to go into the product and add one to stock. Not a quick process with 30 items.

Any ideas to fix this in v3 ? if not what V4 like, I sense it’s slow and not much of am improvement.

It doesn't have anything to do with the email address being incorrect. I get incorrect email addresses all of the time yet the orders still go through fine.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1389742151' post='175157']

It doesn't have anything to do with the email address being incorrect. I get incorrect email addresses all of the time yet the orders still go through fine.

[/quote]

Well this is the only one I've had and order right befor and after worked fine.

Maybe it's dependent on payment processor?

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1389789340' post='175190']

Maybe it's dependent on payment processor?

[/quote]

I only use paypal standard, the payment came in fine so that part work. I don't really understand how it can happen, I don't allow backorders anyway. So the is no way someone can order an out of stock item. The error must have come after the order was placed.

Just confirming that it's not because of a bad email address. People do this on my site from time to time but makes no difference at all on how the order is processed.