does cs-cart work on other webserver except apache ?

my cs-cart has 740.000 product categories . and we’re going to have more than 1 milion products

i need to get ready for this

looking for some advice on webhosting

i have 1 server now … with 2 quad xeon 12gb ddr3 2x hdd raid0 1tb

i’m willing to get a new server … for the database alone

but what should i use ? apache ? does it work on lighttpd ? cherokee ?

[quote name=‘kaisa’]my cs-cart has 740.000 product categories . and we’re going to have more than 1 milion products

i need to get ready for this

looking for some advice on webhosting

i have 1 server now … with 2 quad xeon 12gb ddr3 2x hdd raid0 1tb

i’m willing to get a new server … for the database alone

but what should i use ? apache ? does it work on lighttpd ? cherokee ?[/quote]

Apache would be fine.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Apache would be fine.[/QUOTE]

www.piese-auto-fan.ro/info.php

this is my apache config now …

apache goes in 100% if i use normal category menu

now i have html links and loads good but i wanna make it work normal

normal it does not load and some root categories don’;t load at all

does somebody know the best way to compile apache to work good with cscart ?

what php version is the best ? what apache version is the best?

[quote name=‘kaisa’]www.piese-auto-fan.ro/info.php

this is my apache config now …

apache goes in 100% if i use normal category menu

now i have html links and loads good but i wanna make it work normal

normal it does not load and some root categories don’;t load at all

does somebody know the best way to compile apache to work good with cscart ?

what php version is the best ? what apache version is the best?[/quote]

you way to many categories.

The only thing I can tell you, you need A LOT OF RAM.

First, Apache will not be the bottleneck but MYSQL.

I would recommend double RAM of what you have. Also, you need to store your DB in raid 1+0 on SSDs for better performance. Make DB I/O reads snappy.

You should think about getting the database ready for huge searches and long table scans. This means dedicating a lot of ram for temp DB tables storage (so the most accessed will be already pre-loaded) and key data will be available for the next scan. Also, you would need a lot of ram for DB running complicated queries with joins and such where multiple tables have to be manipulated, hopefully without much reads and in RAM. You should tweak the hell out of the mysql config file. Surely, it will take you days to find the best values for your setup…

Thus, keep the latest php, like 5.3.2, latest MySQL, latest Apache (to stay on top of the patched vulnerabilities). Apache is great due to its modules, some are a must for SEO. Plus, Apache is run by a lot of enterprise hosts, it is a very solid solution.

PS: I heard that MySQL 4 can run a little faster than the 5th version but I never tried myself…

Edit: “740.000 product categories . and we’re going to have more than 1 milion products” – Do you mean you have an average of 2 products per category?

[quote name=‘TexasGuy’]The only thing I can tell you, you need A LOT OF RAM.[/quote]

If you have a **** CPU maybe.

CS-Cart should not be using more than 128MB of ram at any point in time. If you have raised it to 2GB then it’s not going to make it run any faster.

It’s like putting Nitrous Oxide into a lawnmower with square wheels.

I don’t have to agree with that. By gods, I don’t!

CS-Cart and MySQL are very different animals and live in very different animal kindoms. CS-Cart is like Canis latrans and MySQL is like Mammuthus primigenius.

CS cart runs with PHP that limits amount of RAM available, same with MySQL.

MySQL can also be run with 20MB but the performance will be abysmal. Put a huge DB in it and it will crawl. MySQL needs ram, not CS-Cart. And MySQL service will use as much ram as you will allow it blowing 128MB like nothing to do. More RAM dedicated to MySQL service with proper appropriations to its internal values, faster it will massage the data.

[quote name=‘TexasGuy’]I don’t have to agree with that. By gods, I don’t!

CS-Cart and MySQL are very different animals and live in very different animal kindoms. CS-Cart is like Canis latrans and MySQL is like Mammuthus primigenius.

CS cart runs with PHP that limits amount of RAM available, same with MySQL.

MySQL can also be run with 20MB but the performance will be abysmal. Put a huge DB in it and it will crawl. MySQL needs ram, not CS-Cart. And MySQL service will use as much ram as you will allow it blowing 128MB like nothing to do. More RAM dedicated to MySQL service with proper appropriations to its internal values, faster it will massage the data.[/QUOTE]

mysql is at maximum ram allowed … i get errors on my websites if i put more .

mysql uses about 6gb ram now…

i don’t know about changing the hdd on server … i have WD Velociraptors

i don’t think SSD’s will make a diffrence

i cannot add more ram . it is the maximum suported by the motherboard because it is DDR 3 …

why should i invest in hardware . when it is clearly an software issue

it’s just a website and its not working good with 12gb ddr3 and has 2 procesors quad xeon

6GB for MySQL is more than enough. Before blindly adding RAM, read MySQL performance and event logs. In your particular case something else might be wrong, something that extra RAM will not cure.

[quote name=‘kaisa’]my cs-cart has 740.000 product categories . and we’re going to have more than 1 milion products[/QUOTE]

WOW is wollyworld using cs-cart now?

[quote name=‘snorocket’]WOW is wollyworld using cs-cart now?[/QUOTE]

:lol:

i wanna’ let you know that i am working on making a nginx frontent with apache backend to server static content from the site.

hope with 2 webserver it will work better .

i will keep you posted if i make it happen

http://piese-auto-fan.ro

check it out

cs-cart with Total: 597592 categories.

working on nginx + apache :smiley:

fixed problems with updating products . and browsing.

problem was because of proabably corupted files when i uploaded cs-cart files to the server.

no optimization needed. it is a basic cs-cart with no optimizations .

i just copied from another cs-cart all the files exept my skin and images …and config