Do minimum order check first?

Greetings all,

I just employed this suggestion to get my 2.012 cart calculating the minimum order based on the subtotal. Worked great!

Now, I would like for the cart to make that assessment before my customer has to fill out their name, address, etc. Can anyone suggest a code edit or hook that would get the cart to evalute the order subtotal before it even passes the customer to the checkout page?

Thanks…

I’m not sure I understand you correctly. The cart should only show the subtotal and nothing else already if no infomation is filled in.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]I’m not sure I understand you correctly. The cart should only show the subtotal and nothing else already if no infomation is filled in.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. What I meant is this: when someone puts stuff in the cart that does not meet the minimum order, then clicks “checkout”, the cart asks them to fill in their contact info, billing address, and shipping address, just like normal. Only at the “choose shipping” stage does the cart finally tell them they need to buy more stuff.

Seems frustrating to me. Is there any way to have the cart evaluate the order first, flag if it’s too low, or pass to Checkout Page 1 if it’s high enough?

I see what you mean. You more than likely would have to completely redo it setting it up as a popup.

I know it seems like a hassle for the customer but I would keep it the way it is because they can change the cart within the checkout page.

PHP is not my strong suit, exactly… I think I’ll leave it be :smiley:

Thanks for your help!

is a good idea and logic of the above.

the customer should be notified somehow that minimum order is …

Maybe someone could modify the code and help us somehow