Disabling certain 'Realtime Shipping Methods' by Location?

[color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hello.

In my online store I am using both “Manual (by defined location)” and “Realtime” options for the rate calculations. I have setup a Location called ‘lower 48 states’ which are just the main US states (excludes more distant US States like Hawaii and Alaska).

My issue is that for anyone buying and shipping to one of the lower 48 states in the USA, I have a discounted Flat Rate Shipping at just $2.95 USD (no matter how large the order is). But I cannot disable any of the realtime rates when someone is in the lower 48 states location. The other remaining USA states just use realtime rates only.

For instance this is showing the rates for someone in the ‘lower 48 states’ location setup:

• Flat Rate Shipping. Delivery time 1-3 Days + Processing Time. Shipping rates $2.95

* USPS First-Class Mail. Delivery time 2-5 Days + Processing Time. Shipping rates $3.49

* USPS Priority Mail. Delivery time 2-3 Days + Processing Time. Shipping rates $8.70
  • USPS Express Mail. Delivery time 1-2 Days + Processing Time. Shipping rates $24.20

* UPS Ground. Delivery time 1-6 Days + Processing Time. Shipping rates $11.36

* UPS 3 Day Select. Delivery time 3 Days + Processing Time. Shipping rates $15.07
  • UPS 2nd Day Air. Delivery time 2 Days + Processing Time. Shipping rates $19.51
  • UPS Next Day Air Saver. Delivery time 1 Day + Processing Time. Shipping rates $31.61
  • UPS Next Day Air. Delivery time 1 Day + Processing Time. Shipping rates $36.22
  • UPS Next Day Air Early A.M… Delivery time 1 Day + Processing Time. Shipping rates $69.52

But since they have the Flat Rate Shipping method showing, then the other shipping options shown above in BOLD are not required…and it just adds more confusion to the customer.

So it should just look like this:
  • Flat Rate Shipping. Delivery time 1-3 Days + Processing Time. Shipping rates $2.95
  • USPS Express Mail. Delivery time 1-2 Days + Processing Time. Shipping rates $24.20
  • UPS 2nd Day Air. Delivery time 2 Days + Processing Time. Shipping rates $19.51
  • UPS Next Day Air Saver. Delivery time 1 Day + Processing Time. Shipping rates $31.61
  • UPS Next Day Air. Delivery time 1 Day + Processing Time. Shipping rates $36.22
  • UPS Next Day Air Early A.M… Delivery time 1 Day + Processing Time. Shipping rates $69.52

Basically I guess I am looking to see what would the code be to have the option to disable certain ‘Shipping Methods’ by Location. The main reason is that it appears much cleaner and easier to understand for the customer … also a bonus is that with CS-Cart, each realtime shipping method the cart has to pull rates for, there is a small delay. With the extra realtime shipping methods now disabled for customers in the ‘lower 48 states’ location, that delay would not be as long.

Or is there already some way in CS-Cart to do this and I am just missing it?[/font][/color]

[color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I did submit a ticket to CS-Cart support to see what the credit cost would be for this fix/information but just wondering if anyone else had this issue and was able to work around or fix.[/font][/color]

[color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you very much for your time! :)

-Tim[/font][/color]

I'm finding manual shipping hideously irritating to prepare.

I have localized shipping working on my default localization (UK)

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:6969]

Try the exact same process on international/US/Ireland…doesnt work.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:6970]