Disable Payment Methods When A Shipping Method Is Chosen

When a customer selects a product that is longer than 96", UPS or FEDEX can not ship it.

I must now get quotes from LTL freight companies.

I want to somehow have the customer check out with out making a real payment. I then add the shipping amount to invoice and give the customer the opportunity to pay.

Right now I have shipping properties set up for long lengths at 1999 lbs. This disables all shipping methods and enables one that says “[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]LTL Freight must be quoted. Select “shipping quote only” during check out step 4)” [/size][/font][/color][size=4][color=#333333]This works ok, but sometimes they make a real payment and when they get the rate they want to cancel. This just makes a little more work for me.[/color][/size]

[color=#333333]I would like to somehow have all payment methods disabled but one that is “shipping quote only”. No payment would be made. I can then give them the rate and option to pay.[/color]

If I were to have an add on made for this…

I would like to somehow have a message pop up that says “you have selected an item longer than 8’, UPS can not deliver. We will get a quote from an LTL freight company and give you the option to place order.”.

Maybe have a check box in admin area for items and item options that would trigger this.

We've done this a few times… however, what happens if someone puts into their cart one product that has this custom rule and one that can go by normal means?

[quote name='FDGWEB' timestamp='1402524290' post='185543']

We've done this a few times… however, what happens if someone puts into their cart one product that has this custom rule and one that can go by normal means?

[/quote]As long as there is one item that must go LTL. then they can all go lTL. I would be ok with this. In my business, these are all components of same job .

Also what would be nice is to have a check box available on product properties page and also for options properties. This would designate the item(s) to be shipped by custom rule and others would keep standard rules.

Hello Jimmyod

I am after this particular feature for my client - did you get his feature installed

thanks

hello FDGWEB

I am interested in this feature for a client - we are using the current cs cart version

looking forward to hearing from you

Robyn

[quote name='Beads' timestamp='1421970672' post='203238']

hello FDGWEB

I am interested in this feature for a client - we are using the current cs cart version

looking forward to hearing from you

[/quote]

Dear Robyn,

Please send me the details of the required modification using the link from my signature. We will contact you at the first opportunity

Dear Robyn,

You may also contact us to get a free quote.

Best regards, Alt-team.