Disable filters from search page and main categories page

Hello,

I have a CS-Cart store set up and wanted to know how I can disable/hide the filters from some specific pages.

I disabled the filters from the administration panel (blocks section) for all the pages except for the category pages.

The search page still displays the filters, and I do not want this. I have a few filters for every sub-category, and the search page displays ALL the filters, creating a long scroll. Most of the filters are redundant anyway, so it would be best to remove them all.

Also, I would not want the filters to appear on the categories page, just the sub-categories page. What are the files that I need to edit in order to achieve this?

Thank you.

[quote name=‘CsssCart’]Hello,

I have a CS-Cart store set up and wanted to know how I can disable/hide the filters from some specific pages.

I disabled the filters from the administration panel (blocks section) for all the pages except for the category pages.

The search page still displays the filters, and I do not want this. I have a few filters for every sub-category, and the search page displays ALL the filters, creating a long scroll. Most of the filters are redundant anyway, so it would be best to remove them all.

Also, I would not want the filters to appear on the categories page, just the sub-categories page. What are the files that I need to edit in order to achieve this?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Well I’m no expert but till one arrives I think this can be done a number of ways.

If you go to blocks and choose categories you can disable the features block there. Same for products but I don’t know about individual products. I guess if you investigate those you’ll get what you want.

Also for each feature you can set the categories you want it displayed on by editing the setting of that filter.

Hope that helps, as sometimes it’s a long wait for a reply on here.

[quote name=‘CsssCart’]Hello,

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Go to administration front, design, switch on the design mode link, then go to storefront, now go to advanced search, and delete part of code

[quote name=‘N1XUS’]Go to administration front, design, switch on the design mode link, then go to storefront, now go to advanced search, and delete part of code[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your reply.

I know what file has the instructions for the filters, but I don’t know what to edit in order to remove filters from these 2 pages.

The filters template has been edited in terms of design, and the changes worked great, but I can’t figure out what conditions to put to ignore the categories page and especially the search page. For some searches, I only have a few products, but all filters are displayed, so it’s really redundant info.

Any other solutions for this? I still couldn’t figure it out.

Thank you.