Disable Css Compiling 4.1.3

Is there a way to keep CS-Cart from compiling the css into a single file in 4.1.3?

I noticed in the 4.1.1 changelog there was a line item of “Admin panel: CSS debug mode and JavaScript debug mode options removed as non-useful”.

Since that's no longer an option, I tried adding 'join_css' => false to the $config['tweaks'] array in the config.local.php file. This was unsuccessful even after clearing the cart cache.

To quote the reply I got from Cs-Cart, they deem it unnecessary because screw easy theme development,

[quote]As regards search for CSS classes, you can inspect the page element with the Firebug tool in the Mozilla Firefox web browser (Developer tools in the Google Chrome web browser) and find the necessary class in the standalone css file. Copy the name of this CSS class and search it in the contents of the css and less files located in the design/themes/basic/css directory of your CS-Cart installation.[/quote]

…and adding that rule to the config while won't work because they removed all mentions of it in functions associated with linking CSS files to the templates; I checked.

Most everything is moving to “less” files. These need to be compiled to CSS so the “value” of preserving CSS is low since the source is “less” and wouldn't be shown by diag tools such as firebug.

Which is fine but it makes debugging styles split across multiple files impossible.

Also, the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome and IE support LESS files by default; how hard would it have been to support not combining the files and just outputting them in order?

I don't mind the change, but it just makes searching for rules a 3 step process rather than a single click which identitied the specific file through Firebug. It's probably one of the reasons why making sweeping changes to a design now is more of a chore rather than a simple modification.

[quote name='MrGray' timestamp='1400468378' post='183776']

Which is fine but it makes debugging styles split across multiple files impossible.

Also, the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome and IE support LESS files by default; how hard would it have been to support not combining the files and just outputting them in order?

I don't mind the change, but it just makes searching for rules a 3 step process rather than a single click which identitied the specific file through Firebug. It's probably one of the reasons why making sweeping changes to a design now is more of a chore rather than a simple modification.

[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Please check post #2 in the following thread:[/font][/color]

[url=“Question About Rebuild Cache Automatically - Issues & Troubleshooting - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Question About Rebuild Cache Automatically - Issues & Troubleshooting - CS-Cart Community Forums

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]@Vali offered a good solution to temporary disable merging of the [/font][/color]css[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] files. So you will be able to identify the location of the required files.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Hope that helps. [/font][/color]