Directory where the images are located!

Hi there,

I am reloading a database and have placed the images in a couple of directories (mainly because the images don’t come through).

I originally placed them in a director under images that I created myself: “/chroot/home/account/domain/html/shop/images/shop_images/” - I included this path on one upload within the .csv - the second time I used the “import” page and typed in this path. Both time with no success.

I then copied all graphics to the “/chroot/home/account/domain/html/shop/images/images_backup/product_images/” directory which was precisely the directory provided in the example of directory path.

Twice - once within the .csv & once within the “import” admin page and again no success.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or what I am missing here?

Regards

Images are stored in ROOT/images/

Sub Folders:

category_images

common_images

detailed_images

product_images

Thanks Charlie - but I am still having problems…

When you talk root are you talking “root of shop” or server root?

I am providing this on a shared server and when I export the file (for example purposes) it comes back with the /chroot/home/accountname/domain/html/shop/images/images_backup/product_images/ prefix - no matter where I have the “original” file placed, which in this particular case was:

/mages/categories/?

[quote name=‘cmebd’]When you talk root are you talking “root of shop” or server root?

I am providing this on a shared server and when I export the file (for example purposes) it comes back with the /chroot/home/accountname/domain/html/[COLOR=Red]shop[/COLOR]/images/images_backup/product_images/ prefix - no matter where I have the “original” file placed, which in this particular case was: /mages/categories/?[/quote]

URL root = www.google.com/shop

SERVER root = /home2/google/public_html/shop

I suggest that you simply add an image manually then export.

It will then show you the full path required when you open the exported CSV file.

My problem is I have over 10,000 products.

Now the problem is that there are to many images per directory, am I able to split up the image directory into smaller directories so that images can be handled better?

You need to upload all of your images into the images/backup folder. When creating your .csv list, you will have the detailed image path as /var/www/vhosts/YOUR SITE NAME/httpdocs/images/backup or wherever you have uploaded them to (whatever comes up in the images directory field when you go to the import page in CS-Cart.

Make sure you leave your thumbnail column blank and your thumbnails will be created automatically. Once you have uploaded your .csv file, the images somehow get put into the /var/www/vhosts/YOUR SITE NAME/httpdocs/images/detailed_images folder and your thumbnails are put into the product_images folder and you can safely delete all the pics in your backup folder.

I have tried sorting my images into different folders but so far haven’t been able to so if you come up with a solution please post it to the forum. I have around 24,000 images so it would be good to be able to sort them. However, the above has worked for me and enabled me to get all my images in through the import feature.

It doesn’t seem to work if you upload your images into the detailed images folder to begin with - they seem to have to be in the backup folder before importing the .csv - no matter what path you put in your .csv file.

[quote name=‘baballuci’]Images are stored in ROOT/images/

Sub Folders:

category_images

common_images

detailed_images

product_images[/QUOTE]

I have in my cart many products (including the default from cs installation) and the above folders are empty…

Where are my images?

I tried to perform a search in the dir but with no luck…