Digital Downloads in Cart

Hi there,

CS Cart 2.1.1 doesn’t seem to let me add more than one of the same digital download to the shopping cart.

Does anyone know why this might be?

Also, I’m guessing there’s still no way for a customer to choose different resolutions of a video/image download when selecting a digital product?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

When you add another of the same thing, it should increment the quantity.

Wouldn’t you just use options to specify the resolution differences?

Weirdly, the quantity box is in grey and when I try to increase it in the cart and update it, it makes no difference. If I add another to basket from the product page, cs cart says there is already one of these in the cart?

With regards to options, how do I then tell the cart one digital asset for this option and one digital asset for another?

[quote name=‘lixam’]Weirdly, the quantity box is in grey and when I try to increase it in the cart and update it, it makes no difference. If I add another to basket from the product page, cs cart says there is already one of these in the cart?

With regards to options, how do I then tell the cart one digital asset for this option and one digital asset for another?[/QUOTE]

Hello lixam,

Click the “Option combinations” button that is in the “Options” section on the “Product update” page.

• There should be a list with combinations of all product option values on this page. If no option combinations are defined on this page, click on the “Rebuild combinations” link or add combinations under the “Add combination” section manually.
  • After that you can enter a product code, upload small and detailed images for each option combination and define an individual amount using appropriate forms.

Also you need to select the “Track with options” option in the “Inventory” field in the “General” section on the “Product update” page.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

Hi Mikhail,

I’ve made the combinations as mentioned. How can I ‘point’ each option to a different download file?

Also, when I try (as a customer) to add the download to the cart again, or increase the quantity in the cart, it won’t allow, or will say it’s already in the cart. Am I doing something wrong?

Dear Liham

[quote name=‘lixam’]Hi Mikhail,

I’ve made the combinations as mentioned. How can I ‘point’ each option to a different download file?

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, there is no such an ability in the standard CS-Cart installation. Some additional code modifications are required to implement this feature.

[QUOTE]

Also, when I try (as a customer) to add the download to the cart again, or increase the quantity in the cart, it won’t allow, or will say it’s already in the cart. Am I doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]

This happens because there is restriction on adding of a downloadable file several times. It means that you will have only copies of this file. So, if you need several copies of a downloadable file, you can download a necessary file and make a copy using the computer.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Hi CS Cart Support Team,

Thank you for getting back with your replies, it’s much appreciated.

As with my first issue, is there any way one would go about creating an item with multiple file options? Surely in this day and age this might be a priority?

How would I get a quote for the work?

Secondly, how can I reinstate the ability for quantity on a downloadable item? Was this changed recently? I have terms of usage stating that one download per device etc so I need that function.

How would I get this to work?

Thanks!

Thank you for the reply, Liham.

In order that we can help you, please contact us via Customer Help Desk

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team