Different shipping methods for the same Location

I want to offer different shipping methods for the same delivery location, can that be done? I read on this forum, we can’t have overlap/same location/destination. But, how can we work around? Why such a feature is not allowed???

I want to be able to offer different shipping methods to my customer, so that they can choose one of them, as some shipping methods are cheaper although slower.

How can I do this?

I am using the latest CS-cart 2.0.6.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

This is a standard feature of CS-Cart.

You locations may not overlap, but you can have multiple shipping methods for locations. If you are using manual shipping methods, you need to set up the charges for each location listed on the “Shipping charges” tab located in the shipping methods link in the admin. If you are using realtime methods, the “shipping service” specified will determine shipping is available for a location.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]This is a standard feature of CS-Cart.

You locations may not overlap, but you can have multiple shipping methods for locations. If you are using manual shipping methods, you need to set up the charges for each location listed on the “Shipping charges” tab located in the shipping methods link in the admin. If you are using realtime methods, the “shipping service” specified will determine shipping is available for a location.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I am confused, what it actually means “locations may not overlap”.

My setup is something like this:-

• I have 3 locations. Location West, Location East, and Location COD.
  • Location West has all the states in the West part of the country
  • Location East has all the states in the East part of the country
  • Location COD has a few states in the West part of the country which are covered by my COD deliveries. All these states are included in Location West too!

• I am using manual shipping methods
  • Shipping method DHL. Shipping charges set for Location West, and Location East.
  • Shipping method COD. Shipping charges set for Location COD.

Now, when a customer’s shipping location (determined by country, and states) falls in those set in Location COD and in Location West, I want both shipping methods to show, to allow customer to choose whether want the goods delivered by DHL, or COD.

1. But right now, if a customer selected a shipping state which is in Location West, it displays Shipping Method DHL - fine.

2. If a customer selected a shipping state which is in Location COD (which also is a state in Location West, as all states in Location COD are also in Location West), – only Shipping Method COD is displayed. Shipping Method DHL does not appear ---- why? If the customer changed the state to one which is not in Location COD, but is in Location West, then ONLY Shipping Method DHL is displayed – this is fine.

Why when the state falls in Location COD, why Shipping Method DHL does not appear along side of Shipping Method COD? Both shipping methods should appear, giving customers options to choose from, right?

Please help! This is driving me insane!!!

Thank you. :confused:

[quote name=‘alanpro’]My setup is something like this:-

• I have 3 locations. Location West, Location East, and Location COD.
  • Location West has all the states in the West part of the country
  • Location East has all the states in the East part of the country
  • Location COD has a few states in the West part of the country which are covered by my COD deliveries. All these states are included in Location West too![/QUOTE]

There can be no overlap between locations. You need to remove the states in Location COD from Location West.

You will then need to set the shipping charges for Location COD in both the DHL and COD shipping methods.

Bob

Hi,

I see! I think I finally understands this! Hahaha… think I got it fixed now! Hohohohoh… thanks a million jobosales!

Bob, as usual you make things nice an clear and concise. I have struggled with some customers over locations and methods. But this makes sense.

thanks,

tony