Different pagination for different categories

Does anyone know if there is a way to set a different number of products per page depending on the category. I can only find one setting in the Design::Appearance Settings section.

I have some categories that have accessories items where there are lots of SKUs and where the image is fine as a small icon. For those categories I would show 24 per page and use the compact list layout by default.

However I have other categories where I have a lot fewer items that I want to display in larger format, like the standard list format, but displaying 24 per page in that layout is not practical.

I would have thought the number of products per page would be an option in the category layout but I guess not.

Thanks,

You will have to modify the list layout to be sensitive to your categories. I.e.

{if $category.category_id == 3}

{else if $category.category_id == 5}

{/if}

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]You will have to modify the list layout to be sensitive to your categories. I.e.

{if $category.category_id == 3}

{else if $category.category_id == 5}

{/if}[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. Can you tell me what file I need to modify. I’m still trying to get a handle on all the files and what they do and where to look. So many files… so little time.

No I can’t. It’s going to be dependent upon what blocks you have enabled, what categories and products you have, etc. This would be custom work that is specific to your site and your needs.

It would probably be best done at the PHP level versus the template level too.