Different Bill To and Ship To Countries

Can’t seem to find a way to do this so perhaps someone out there has.

We limit our online shipments to Canada and the USA, however, we take gift orders from other countries (UK & Ireland mostly) that are shipped to friends or relatives in Canada or the USA.

Is there a way to limit the ship to countries to Canada and the USA while having different limitations for the Bill to country?

We are able to do that with our existing software (Miva) but have not figured out how to do it with v2.1.4 (if it is possible).

Thanks,

Henry

Hello Henry,

In this case we advise that you set up different shipping methods for the “Canada” location and for the “USA” location. For more information on how to set up shipping methods, please refer to this article in our Knowledge Base: [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’]Hello Henry,

In this case we advise that you set up different shipping methods for the “Canada” location and for the “USA” location. For more information on how to set up shipping methods, please refer to this article in our Knowledge Base: [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

I have different methods set up for the USA and Canadian destinations since they use different carriers. I think that my issue is that the Bill To and Ship To addresses restrictions are linked and I can’t have a list of supported countries for billing and a different list for shipping.

Now if I do not set up a shipping method for the countries I do not want to ship to I should get the error message that there is no shipping available - right? Not the case however. Appear to have found a bug in the code that lets some of them get a calculation for shipping. Have to investigate further to see who and why exactly but this is not a good thing.

Thx

Thank you for the reply, Henry.

[quote name=‘home@abitofhome.ca’]I have different methods set up for the USA and Canadian destinations since they use different carriers. I think that my issue is that the Bill To and Ship To addresses restrictions are linked and I can’t have a list of supported countries for billing and a different list for shipping.

Now if I do not set up a shipping method for the countries I do not want to ship to I should get the error message that there is no shipping available - right? Not the case however. Appear to have found a bug in the code that lets some of them get a calculation for shipping. Have to investigate further to see who and why exactly but this is not a good thing.

Thx[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, your request is not clear enough to us.

Customers can enter different billing and shipping information on the “Checkout” page in the administration panel of your store. So it means that the destination address will be different from the shipping address. Also please note that shipping methods are calculated only in the “Shipping address” section, not in the “Billing address” section.

If you mean something else, please clarify it in more detail.

Sorry, I made a configuatiion error and had a shipping option set up for Default (all countries). Removed that and now my non-Canada and USA customers get the message that no shipping option is available. Now I think I just need to work on the text so people clearly understand the shipping issue. I would be nice however to be able to limit the country selection in the ship to portion to just the countries we want instead of all that have been enabled.

As a suggestion, I think it would clearer to a customer if the error message appears on the second step (2) of checkout instead of letting the customer proceed to step (3) and allowing them to put in payment info. The way it is now they have to back up a screen to change the address info (which many will not figure out because they do not read). The way it works now is fine as far as functionality, I am just suggesting something for clarification and ease of understanding.

I do have one issue to report. When entering a Canadian Postal code the system insists that the customer enter a space between the groups of characters. As far as I know that is redundant and not required by Canada Post (we use their shipping software and it does let you put a space in). The problem I have is that there error message you get if you do not put a space in does not make the issue clear and depending on your display, you do not understand that you did not put a space in. Best thing is get rid of the space character altogether.

Thanks,

Henry

Hello Henry,

The only way to hide some particular countries so that a customer cannot select them in the “Shipping address” section on the “Checkout” page on the storefront is to disable them on the “Countries” page in the administration panel. Note that disabling of countries in the administration panel will also hide them in the “Billing address” section on the “Checkout” page.

As regards your suggestions regarding notifications on the “Checkout” page and Canadian postal codes, I would like to inform you that since recently we have started using the UserVoice service to accept new feature requests and suggestions on improving CS-Cart : http://cscart.uservoice.com

We would like to ask you to post your suggestion to the CS-Cart forum at uservoice.com or provide us with all the details of the desired functionality so that we could post your request on your behalf. The detailed information and explanation why this feature is important to be implemented will help it to earn more votes and probably be among the top features that might be added to CS-Cart.