Did the roadmap change?

Was checking out the roadmap and I am curious if it has changed recently because I now see PCI Compliance listed on it as “In Development” and I dont recall seeing this before and there was this conversation 2 weeks ago ([url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=14751&highlight=pci[/url])

Does anyone recall what was on the original roadmap?

[url]https://www.cs-cart.com/roadmap.html[/url]

I noticed that! I was only reading the roadmap for the first time, so I don’t know if it was mentioned before.

It was on the original roadmap if I recall correctly.

You can see what they have been up to at labs.cs-cart.com/admin.php. New warning messages at login advising that admin.php be renamed. There is also a new “Security settings” tab under Administration->Settings.

Bob

This talk about renaming admin.php

Should i do this now. Can i change it to anything.php using Ftp now or will that break the site, or do i have to alter core bits, or do it from within the administration side of cscart…

I know i’ll have to change my bookmark for the main page.

how should i go about doing this?

Change the filename and change the following line in config.local.php to reflect the new filename:

$config['admin_index'] = 'admin.php';

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]It was on the original roadmap if I recall correctly.

You can see what they have been up to at labs.cs-cart.com/admin.php. New warning messages at login advising that admin.php be renamed. There is also a new “Security settings” tab under Administration->Settings.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Excellent, either way Im glad its being worked in because its not going to be fun for us come April if the cart isnt up to the new PCI standards

It changed again, so they are keeping it updated, but they claim they are PCI compliant as of this last patch and I find that hard to believe.

The issue isn’t even if they are PCI compliant but if they’re going to get CERTIFIED as PCI compliant with the credit card companies. That’s what companies like Authorize.net, etc will probably be looking for before approving/allowing you to accept credit cards.

Stephanie

[quote name=‘Tirade’]It changed again, so they are keeping it updated, but they claim they are PCI compliant as of this last patch and I find that hard to believe.[/QUOTE]

Yeas, they are updating the roadmap as things are fixed or moved into development. I just meant that PCI compliance was on the original roadmap as I recall.

But Stepanie’s point is important. I wonder if CS-Cart is working on PCI certification.

Bob

Any new word on this? The PCI compliance issue is a dealbreaker… if we can’t accept credit card payments, we can’t make money.

[quote name=‘JerryRider’]Any new word on this? The PCI compliance issue is a dealbreaker… if we can’t accept credit card payments, we can’t make money.[/QUOTE]

CS-Cart claims that they are PCI-compliant. Here is their PCI Compliance statement:

[url]https://www.cs-cart.com/pci-compliance.html[/url]

[QUOTE]CS-Cart is designed to meet the latest security requirements. One of such requirements is PCI compliance.[/QUOTE]

Note that much of compliance falls on the shoulders of the storeowner and their host.

Bob

I have been waiting to activate McAfee security scanning since going with Cs-Cart until this was done; has anyone done a security scan that passed?

If so, what service did you use?

[quote name=‘ywalker’]I have been waiting to activate McAfee security scanning since going with Cs-Cart until this was done; has anyone done a security scan that passed?

If so, what service did you use?[/QUOTE]

If you fail, most likely it will be from server settings and versions of server applications that fail you.