Default Vendor Logo Mistery

Hi there,

I'd like to change the default 'demo store' image to different as a default vendor logo. Some time ago there was a discussion on this and the answer was that there's no default image applied so it requires some additional action via addon, rather than simple image switch.

However, when I create vendors in 4.5.1 they all have the dreaded Demo Store image, same goes for the emails send by them. The files seem to be copied from some template upon vendor creation and suffix is added to the cart_*.png filename.

What's strange, however, is that after replacing all the files containing demo-store image in the system (I searched for the exact file size and found some, cart.png, invoice.png and more) new vendors are still created with this image!

Could anyone please shine some light on this mysterious behaviour?

Thanks!

Hello!

Hi there,

I'd like to change the default 'demo store' image to different as a default vendor logo. Some time ago there was a discussion on this and the answer was that there's no default image applied so it requires some additional action via addon, rather than simple image switch.

However, when I create vendors in 4.5.1 they all have the dreaded Demo Store image, same goes for the emails send by them. The files seem to be copied from some template upon vendor creation and suffix is added to the cart_*.png filename.

What's strange, however, is that after replacing all the files containing demo-store image in the system (I searched for the exact file size and found some, cart.png, invoice.png and more) new vendors are still created with this image!

Could anyone please shine some light on this mysterious behaviour?

Thanks!

This situation is possible when you use the custom theme. Each theme has its own default vendor images, so if you use the Bright theme, you should remove images from the design/themes/bright_theme/media/images directory. If you use Responsive - design/themes/responsive/media/images directory, etc. The images should be removed directly from the active theme in your store.

It is better not to remove, but rename the default demo image and add your own image with the same name, for example, ​​https://prnt.sc/fcbqy2

Best regards,