Default admin area email settings

When I visit the customer page in my admin area and change an address etc an email by default goes to the customer.

I can manually uncheck the customer and cart emails.

1)I want to set by default no emails to anyone when I make a change to the customer page in the admin area.

2)I want to set by default no emails to anyone when I make a change to the Order invoice page in the admin area.

3) The same for editing an order - no emails by default.

Also CS cart did this for me before but the changes vanished during an upgrade which is very frustrating

I would also appreciate feedback on this from those with more experience!

For item #1, in /skins/YOURSKIN/admin/views/profiles/update.tpl, remove the bit in red:

The notify boxes in both the order details and order summary pages are unchecked for me by default. Not sure why that is - I have not made any changes to this.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]For item #1, in /skins/YOURSKIN/admin/views/profiles/update.tpl, remove the bit in red:

The notify boxes in both the order details and order summary pages are unchecked for me by default. Not sure why that is - I have not made any changes to this.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Thank You - I will give it a try.

Also if you would like to remove the notify and notify orders department checkboxes which are in the order statuses pull-down menu, open:

/skins/basic/admin/views/orders/details.tpl

~ ON LINE 37 FIND:

notify=true notify_department=true

EDIT:

notify=false notify_department=false

[quote name=‘snorocket’]Also if you would like to remove the notify and notify orders department checkboxes which are in the order statuses pull-down menu, open:

/skins/basic/admin/views/orders/details.tpl

~ ON LINE 37 FIND:

notify=true notify_department=true

EDIT:

notify=false notify_department=false[/QUOTE]

Sounds Good - Thank You!

All this stuff needs to be in “The Missing Manual”