Database Size Vs Backup Size

Hi, in my admin Backup/Restore section, on the right it shows my database size as being 206,654,362 bytes (is this large or normal?). In the backups, it shows a database backup as being 14,999,686 bytes. Does this mean it's not a complete backup? If not is it normal?

I think its a 206mb so yes large. My db with ~5000 product ~50mb

Wow - I have under 100 products. What could cause my database to be so large? It's a small store, I don't use vendors, etc. I don't use a lot of the addons, etc.

Stored session, sessions tables

Wow - I have under 100 products. What could cause my database to be so large? It's a small store, I don't use vendors, etc. I don't use a lot of the addons, etc.

Execute following SQL query to find top-10 largest tables:

SELECT table_schema as `Database`, table_name AS `Table`, round(((data_length + index_length) / 1024 / 1024), 2) `Size in MB` FROM information_schema.TABLES WHERE table_schema like '%name_of_db%' ORDER BY (data_length + index_length) DESC LIMIT 0,10;

Yes clearing stored sessions is probably the thing, also dont forget to check and clear abandoned carts regualrly,

my datbase with 4000 products after clearing these things is 1,020,983,268 :?

Execute following SQL query to find top-10 largest tables:

SELECT table_schema as `Database`, table_name AS `Table`, round(((data_length + index_length) / 1024 / 1024), 2) `Size in MB` FROM information_schema.TABLES WHERE table_schema like '%name_of_db%' ORDER BY (data_length + index_length) DESC LIMIT 0,10;

Or if you dont want to run the query, you cant sort the table columns by size in phpmydamin

to clear a table, do I click Empty or Drop? My largest one is the statistics at 150.6 MiB, which I've disabled. Next is order details at 15.6 MiB (but I need that info right?), and then order data at 10.5 MiB and Stored Sessions at 7.5 MiB.

I suggest you to keep all data as is except of statistics info. To clear records from this table click "Empty" menu.

to clear a table, do I click Empty or Drop? My largest one is the statistics at 150.6 MiB, which I've disabled. Next is order details at 15.6 MiB (but I need that info right?), and then order data at 10.5 MiB and Stored Sessions at 7.5 MiB.

Empty only statistics and stored sessions. Other data is required

Wow - so far I've removed just the statistics data and it reduced the database to under 40,000,000 bytes!! Thank you all for the responses and help.

If you use or ez admin helper, you can truncate logs and statistics and preserve some number of days of dates. Ie. Drop everything over 14 days old. And you can have it run automatically on a schedule (like once a week).

Http://ez-ms.com/ez-maint.html

I will check that out, thank you

Does anyone use and/or know if this addon (http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/site-management/cs-cart-power-statistics-add-on.html) causes the same extreme size increases of the database as the truncated CS-Cart statistics?

Does anyone use and/or know if this addon (http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/site-management/cs-cart-power-statistics-add-on.html) causes the same extreme size increases of the database as the truncated CS-Cart statistics?

As far as I know, it is based on the default CS-Cart statistics module which was removed since 4.0.x versions. If yes, it can significantly increase the size of your database

Thank you eComLabs