Database error: 2006 : MySQL server has gone away

Anyone know what this is all about - or what could be causing it?

Invalid query: SELECT product FROM cscart_product_descriptions WHERE product_id=‘59’ AND lang_code=‘EN’

Invalid query: SELECT session_id FROM cscart_sessions WHERE session_id=‘f5f167895f12358110d1845400b21747’ AND expiry>‘1228503457’

It’s happened to one of our cs-cart sites 2 days in a row, right around noon. Last time it lasted an hour, and we missed out on seven orders. Traffic patterns aren’t anything unusual.

I had this happen as well but it’s been a week or 2 since it’s happened. Repair/optimize your database.

Thanks… to repair… should I do that from the cpanel/whm?

Edit: I ran a successful repair from WHM on the cscart database but it didn’t seem to resolve the issue. I also uncommented the MYSQL 5 in the config.php

Server reboot fixed the issue. I wish that I had started with that about 2 hours ago. :neutral:

I wonder - is this likely a problem with the host… or with CS-Cart?

Not sure? Probably the host because at the time I was having problems with the server.

agreed…probably the host

every once in awhile we have to feed the hamsters to speed up the old server

It must be a server issue… we increased the max timeout so we’ll see if that helps.

Unfortunately nothing that the host tries has helped. We are on a dedicated server that has never had any issues in the past - and no recent changes in software/hardware.

The CS-Cart software seems to hang/time out right after hitting the checkout button. On the admin side, it hangs when editing orders once I click on either customer info or totals. That makes me think that it is definitely a database issue. Other CS-Cart shops on the same server function perfectly.

I have tried to optimize the database from within CS-Cart. I’ve also tried to repair it from the WHM. The DB is about 100MB in size, even though we no longer track statistics through CS-Cart. Anything else that I can try? I’ve exhausted everything that I can think of.

[quote name=‘pbradish’]Thanks… to repair… should I do that from the cpanel/whm?

Edit: I ran a successful repair from WHM on the cscart database but it didn’t seem to resolve the issue. I also uncommented the MYSQL 5 in the config.php[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I never had much luck uncommenting that line

have no idea why though

make sure the host did not upgrade anything lately, that happened to me.

I also remember seeing an sql fix (patch?) to increase the timeout or reconnect.

can’t remember for sure, but i think it was in the bug tracker about 3 or 4 months ago

Same problem again… with the following:

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Couldn’t resolve host name in /home/overload/public_html/core/fn_common.php on line 2298

Has anyone ever run into this?

Same problem. So what? everyones host is the problem? common maybe its cs-cart problem…we all have this problem and we should not deal with our host for this kind of problems i think. maybe its a bug or just…