Database Backup

My backup always gets hung up on cscart_stat_requests and i notice in the database its huge! Does anyone know what it does? and can i clear it out?

[quote name=‘12voltshop’]My backup always gets hung up on cscart_stat_requests and i notice in the database its huge! Does anyone know what it does? and can i clear it out?[/QUOTE]

What Php version is used on your server?

version 5.o

[quote name=‘12voltshop’]version 5.o[/QUOTE]

If you have 5.2.6 or 5.0.5 try to change it to another one. For example 5.2.5

There are some bugs in these versions

Where do you store your pictures? File system or DB? I keep them in FS and do a full back up via CPanel every evening. Otherwise, we use DB backup only every hour with Store manager.

For some reason my backup isn’t working at all. As soon as I start the backup it goes straight to “If the page does not redirect automatically in 10 seconds, please click on this link: continue” and creates an .sql file with nothing in it. The last time I backed up the database was 09/29/08 and had been working fine until now.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Same here, any fix for this?

For some reason there was no php configuration for my cart so what I had to do was create a file php.ini and put it in the root of the cart software. If it doesn’t have anything in the file, then all of your settings will be the default settings. You can use this file to change the default settings.

Huh? Please elaborate.

I can’t explain it any better.

Create a file called “php.ini” and place it in the root of the cscart software.

I am not saying it will fix your issue but it did for me.

This is still a NOGO, any other suggestions?

CS-Cart stat sessions are the session tables used in cs-carts statistics program.

Personally I think it’s a waste of resources, but some people want to see statistics.

Use this code to clear the table, but be forewarned that it will clear all your statistics.

TRUNCATE cscart_stat_requests

The reason why your Database backups are not working is that the SQL server will timeout. The stat_sessions_table consumes and creates more tables then the entire cart itself after about 2 weeks.