Database Backup Taking a Long Time

I am backing up my database, but it has been stuck on the 'cscart_new_orders' part for 30 minutes. Why is it taking so long?

I just left it sitting there for 2 hours and it stayed on that same part. There is a new database file, but I never got a “complete” message.

Try to first optimize the table, if not success than do this from phpmyadmin under cpanel and than try to take the backup

Optimization has nothing to do with a backup.

The cscart_new_orders table is only used by Twigmo (never been a real confirmation from cs-cart). So I would advise that you truncate it (Empty in phpMyAdmin terms). Every time an order is created, it creates a row for every admin (and there were old bugs where it did it for every user). So it can grow exponentially. It seems to be the map of admins to orders for viewing priviliges on Twigmo remote site. I would think they'd store the mappings there rather than on your local server.

You should also clear your statistics and logs before doing your backup. However, it you do this monthly or so already then it will probably be fine.

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Hello.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Let me explain.[/font][/color]

[color=red][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Twigmo[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] is not related with the cscart_new_orders table. Orders from [/font][/color][color=red][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Twigmo[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] is placed as usual cscart orders.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]So, if you have a lot of orders, and a lot of administrators, no matter where order were placed, at desktop version or at mobile, cscart_new_orders table will grow very fast.[/font][/color]

Can the table be safely truncated? Is it just a record of which admin hasn't yet seen an order?

Thanks, HappyFruitBat