Data Feeds addon / External Ftp

Is it possible to the use the Data Feeds addon to upload a product feed to an external FTP location?

I'm using Amazon Product Ads, and they give you the ability to automate your feed process by using their FTP location of ftp://productads.amazon-digital-ftp.com. I have a username and password.

I'm just curious how I would setup the paramaters in the addon so it connects properly.

I've already put in the server address, username, and password, yet the file is not sent to that location.

Thanks for any advice!

Hello Chef_Joe,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, it is possible. You should specify your FTP settings when creating a data feed. In order to learn how to create a data feed you should follow instructions in our Knowledge base article:

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

The following text input fields should be filled in:

FTP server - a URL of the target directory on the FTP server to which the data feed must be uploaded.

NOTE: The URL that you enter into this field must be of the following format: host[:port]/directory. For example, ftp.example.com:21/home/johndoe/feeds

FTP username - Your username to access the FTP server

FTP password - Your password to access the FTP server

After setting it up please click on the Upload to FTP server link at the top to check if the created data feed is uploaded to the FTP server properly.

I hope this information will help you.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

I'm using the Administration > Data Feeds function. However when I try to “Upload to FTP server” I get an error message saying:

[font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,][color=#9c3535]Error[/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,][color=#9c3535]Unable connect to FTP server. Please, check FTP connection information[/color][/font]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,]I'm able to login and upload the shopping feed using the same credentials with File zilla FTP client , however I keep getting this error message when I try to use CS-Cart to FTP the data feed. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it might be doing this? Thanks.[/font][/color]

Is anything showing in the CS-Cart logs?

The problem with the data feed addon is it work unless you have sub categories.

Apples - Would work

Apples - Would NOT work

RED - Would work

GREEN - would work

Thanks for reply Mr. NairdaCart,

No, regarding this at cs cart log we did not got anything ?

Waiting for your reply…

Were you able ot figure this out? I'm experiencing the same thing.

[quote name='mediainfo' timestamp='1383482986' post='170864']

I'm using the Administration > Data Feeds function. However when I try to “Upload to FTP server” I get an error message saying:

[font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,][color=#9c3535]Error[/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,][color=#9c3535]Unable connect to FTP server. Please, check FTP connection information[/color][/font]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,]I'm able to login and upload the shopping feed using the same credentials with File zilla FTP client , however I keep getting this error message when I try to use CS-Cart to FTP the data feed. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it might be doing this? Thanks.[/font][/color]

[/quote]