CyberLNC Problems (cont'd)

I am stating a fact.

When the one and only time I was able to raise a help ticket resulted in an answer like this…

" Why did you not have access to your site yesterday?

Anyway, you have the following error on your site in SSL mode:

“Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long”

This typically means that your SSL certificate is broken either from

expiring, being deleted, or being corrupted with the wrong information.

PS I have only been tinkering in the SSL folder via cPanel

And that is usually not a good area to be “tinkering”. :wink: "

THEN…

"It has been about 13 hours since I answered you message but still have

not received any reply back from you regarding this issue.

Your SSL is broken and I just wanted to follow up with you on that

and see if you have gotten all that sorted out yet? "

Well… I couldn’t sort it out unless by some miracle their first response

contained an actual solution in a code I eventually cracked AND I was able

to actually gain access to cpanel, cyberlnc.com, my admin or shop.

Sheesh !!

[********************************************************************************** 

…but if I STILL don’t have access to cpanel, cyberlnc, admin or shop then

exactly HOW would you suggest I communicate ?

The FACT that all these went down IS the problem.

Termalert,

It sounds like you have been very patient with your host.

My reading of Noman’s post was that he was clearly supporting you - but only he can say for sure.

I do not know what your problem is but I know that if a host (any host) or anyone connected with them was rude to me I would drop them asap no if ands or buts rudeness is not acceptable in the business world - life is too short.

Also, this is a textbook example why it is a must to have 24hr telephone help by level 3 admins who are polite and get the job done right then and there. End of story.

Not having telephone support is in the opinion of myself and everyone I know who operate e-businesses a false economy. and I am not talking about out sourced or contracted help - I am talking about full time employees with physical access to actual servers.

If a host was available on the phone your problem would have been fixed within minutes - almost always.

Good luck with sorting things out.

Like most other people trying to establish a web based business

I have my hands full with all other matters without trying to grasp

the technicalities of web hosting.

My site was not terribly active to start with which is why I have been rather polite here. It all seems so impossible to me.

My IP address is not static so it could not have been blocked.

All the rest of the web ( that I have gone to ) is just fine.

It is just anything cyb#$#@c related that has crashed for me.

I believe I am absolutely justified in assuming that the fault lies with the cyb@#$#c server.

Traveler, your comments on other threads are bang on.

Paying less for hosting is a false economy.

I am lining up a host in Australia with a phone support package.

It’s more expensive but when I consider the dire consequences of a really

active site going down it is a very small extra price to pay.

Despite what Spiral might think of me, I am not rude enough to mention my proposed new host’s name.

I came here and complained openly because I have had NO ACCESS to my web host or my web site for 2 days now ( apart from some fluke where I was able to raise a help ticket that I couldn’t reply to ).

…MY problem.

For some bizarre reason only I am experiencing this problem.

I sincerely hope so for the sake of others.

By moving hosts I will at least be on the same time line and be able to pick up a phone.

MY problem has occurred too often and I need some peace of mind.

Termalert,

I have never been to Australia, but I have always wanted to visit and I will one day. I watched a show on TV last week about Tasmanian Devils it seems that 1/3 have died from a disease, and that there is a serious effort being made to save them.

The more that I think about it the more that I want to visit Australia

Paying extra for an Australian host with phone support sounds like a good idea.

Some thoughts:

1. Before signing up call their support and ask questions such as describing your current situation see how they answer: 100% polite? Do they make things easy to understand?

2. Will they migrate your account at no charge? Do they understand CS cart or at least PHP Mysql carts?

3. Is their support level 3?

4. How many minutes to answer the phone in the daytime and at night and holidays? More than 5 minutes and I would not consider them.

5. What software do they support? For example my current host supports in detail the software that they provide and will try to troubleshoot in general other software such as CS Cart.

6. Do they install your SSL cert at no charge - they should and then you should not need to touch it again.

Good luck and let us know who you are going with.

******--------------------kja;ldsjfa;lidskfdk slv vvjdsklaaddv ks;zv

I will print out your list.

A few others here have migrated to this particular host and the load speed

is blistering ( with one having a huge catalogue ).

Since I last posted cpanel, cyberlnc and my shop are now available. My admin page is still AWOL. Looks like the guys are trying but I will still feel better about using a local host.

The Tasmanian Devils have had a rough trot but at last word the problem was being solved. If it’s not man or an introduced predator it’s bloody disease. It’s a miracle that man isn’t the only animal left.

Yell out if you are down my way ( 80 kms north of Sydney ).

[quote name=‘termalert’]

The Tasmanian Devils have had a rough trot but at last word the problem was being solved. If it’s not man or an introduced predator it’s bloody disease. It’s a miracle that man isn’t the only animal left.

Yell out if you are down my way ( 80 kms north of Sydney ).[/QUOTE]

On the show that I was watching it was disease that was giving the devils a big problem.

I am not sure that I would go so far as to say that the devils looked cute but the babies were friendly looking.

… if being unable to connect to my cpanel, cyberlnc.com, my admin and shopfront on 2 different PC’s while being able to connect to ANY other web site is my fault I will most certainly apologise openly to David and crew.

More concerning than the fact that I lost all those connections is the EXTREMELY WORRYING FACT that you can dig around my details as you have done.

You my dear, have qualifications enough to create a new universe.

Kindly allow the rest of us to be more than a little concerned when our world goes black and the light switch has also disappeared.

My cPanel login is not padlocked so how in the blazes could a corrupted or missing SSL influence my access ???

Ultimately I want to be in a happy place.

I want everyone to be in a similar place.

XXXX XXXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I could have forgiven the cyberlnc crew for quite probably overselling server space. $20.00 US per month less the hire of the server space doesn’t make them a fortune without selling heaps.

What I can’t forgive is a seeming expert coming here in their name attempting to stand on my neck.

My $20 pm is no great loss to them but please don’t make a habit of it Spiral.

PS Out of sheer curiousity, has anyone here ever heard the guys from cyberlnc ever mention an affiliation with Spiral.

I’d classify it like this…He works on their servers but they probably try to publicly distance themselves from him due to his “behavior” on these forums.

I’ve never seen them publicly defend him, nor have I ever heard of someone telling someone else they owe a company an apology. LOL.

if thats the case, imagine how many apologies CS should get for users classifying “bugs” that were actually their own problems or hosting issues. in reality, its part of the job and most people just move on. as you can see here, some don’t…

First, I want to say something good about CS Cart, while they “march to a different drummer” in terms of what they do when they are coding they have always been polite to me - no matter what I said to them. And I give them credit for their politeness - I like it.

Next, I try to see good in all events and if your current host does not work for you perhaps you can use it as a learning experience when looking for your new host.

I noticed that you mentioned time zones as something that you are thinking about - why? Support should be 24 hours or you will end up with problems again.

Also if your target market is Australia then a local host may work well for you.

If you are targeting the US and the world you may want to consider a US host as there seam to be a number with good phone service 24 hours at a reasonable price.

Finally, a good host does not play the blame game. They are there to serve you some more than others. I know that I have called my host at 2AM with questions relating to FTP problems and they have always helped with a smile.

Keep in mind there were no server issues at all simply questions. A good host will never make you feel stupid and they will not hire or will quickly terminate rude staff.

[SIZE=“4”][COLOR=“Red”]Spiral![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Let me tell you where I am and what I think about you since you sent me a PM and ran away from my reply by blocking me…

I don’t give a damn about who you are

I think, you know almost nothing, just talking rubbish

I think, you have issues with your ego

And do me a favour

Stay away from me and commenting my posts

Stop writing PMs to me with silly explanations

Keep me permanently on you Ignore list

Grow up and stop pretending you’re the one and only

Learn, how to take criticism

Sayonara!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Hi, I can say nothing about what’s going on, but guys, I think this forum isn’t a battlefield.

Stop fighting here please. I think new people wouldn’t be interested to read something like that on a very special forum.

Thanks.