Customising The Store Copyright Block

In an effort to customise the Bright Theme storefront message that by default includes 'powered by CS-cart' , I created a new HTML copyright block with the following content ( added with wysiwyg editor disabled )

When this is used instead of the default copyright block it correctly styles the copyright notice and auto-updates the year but the text appears at the very bottom of the page instead of inline with the 'Payment icons' block.
The simple paragraph below places the text in the correct position but does not auto-update the current year:

© 2003 - 2020 MyCompany

How can I get the script to place the text in the correct position ?

Use HTML block with SMARTY support and the following content

© {$settings.Company.company_start_year} - {$smarty.const.TIME|date_format:'%Y'} MyCompany

(!) Not tested

Use HTML block with SMARTY support and the following content

© {$settings.Company.company_start_year} - {$smarty.const.TIME|date_format:'%Y'} MyCompany

(!) Not tested

Thank you yes that worked and can be improved a little so the company name is automated too:

© {$settings.Company.company_start_year} - {$smarty.const.TIME|date_format:'%Y'} {$settings.Company.company_name}

Is there a library of CS-cart smarty values published somewhere for tasks like this ?

FWIW, overnight I figured out another solution, not as elegant as the above though. Inline scripts are moved to the end of the page just prior to the tag so it is necessary to point the script output into a div so that it appears in the correct position:

Is there a library of CS-cart smarty values published somewhere for tasks like this ?

Unfortunately, no

Unfortunately, no

That's a pity and feels like a serious oversight on behalf of the publishers that is going to generate a lot of work digging through Smarty templates :-(

Anyway, just to complete this thread for anyone new to this ( as I am ) the key to modifying the blocks that are static and cannot be edited within Design > Layouts > Manage Blocks admin page is to find the relevant .tpl file on the server and modify it.

I don't suggest changing the original file which would be modifying a core file, it is much better to simply copy the code into a fresh Smarty Block and modify as necessary to replace the default one with in the layout.
In this particular case the copyright template resides here:
\var\themes_repository\responsive\templates\blocks\static_templates\copyright.tpl
original version:
{** block-description:tmpl_copyright **}

© {if $settings.Company.company_start_year && $smarty.const.TIME|date_format:"%Y" != $settings.Company.company_start_year} {$settings.Company.company_start_year} - {/if}

{$smarty.const.TIME|date_format:"%Y"} {$settings.Company.company_name}.  {__("powered_by")} {__("copyright_shopping_cart", ["[product]" => $smarty.const.PRODUCT_NAME])}

Modified Version without the 'Powered by CS-Cart' text and hyperlink:

{** block-description:tmpl_modified_copyright **}

© {if $settings.Company.company_start_year && $smarty.const.TIME|date_format:"%Y" != $settings.Company.company_start_year} {$settings.Company.company_start_year} - {/if}

{$smarty.const.TIME|date_format:"%Y"} {$settings.Company.company_name}. 

I hope that helps someone else and big thanks to eComLabs for replying initially, it helped enormously to get me on the right track.

You can always add the attribute 'data-no-defer' to your 'script' tags to prevent cs-cart from moving the script tag.

More details here about previous message here

https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/user_guide/look_and_feel/changing_attributes/script_display.html

You can always add the attribute 'data-no-defer' to your 'script' tags to prevent cs-cart from moving the script tag.

excellent fix, much simpler, especially when it comes to embedding 3rd party scripts.