Customers seeing other Customers orders

I have a very odd glitch in the system. When a customer signs up and registers as a customer and completes his order >> then goes to view his orders that customer is able to see someone else’s order. For example a customer purchases a product is order number is 1722 when he goes to view his orders there will be another order on his orders example order 209 completely unrelated customer, date, and or product. Any ideas guys?

Did you import any orders in? I know Chef_Joe had a similar problem and it was because the order and order details didn’t match up to the customer numbers.

How long has this been going on for? Maybe you could have your host restore a backup of the orders and users tables to before you noticed the problem.

I helped Joe with this, but I don’t remember exactly how I got it fixed. I’ll go through my messages with him and see if I can’t figure out what I did.

Hopefully I’ll have a better answer later.

Brandon

I just noticed it today after one of my customers saw this and freaked out. I am not sure what is causing it hopefully I can get ti resolved let me know if anyone has any ideas.

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Did you import any orders in? I know Chef_Joe had a similar problem and it was because the order and order details didn’t match up to the customer numbers.

How long has this been going on for? Maybe you could have your host restore a backup of the orders and users tables to before you noticed the problem.

I helped Joe with this, but I don’t remember exactly how I got it fixed. I’ll go through my messages with him and see if I can’t figure out what I did.

Hopefully I’ll have a better answer later.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Yes, Brandon was able to figure this one out for me. It was quite scary for customers to see other customers order info, but luckily we were able to get this fixed rather quickly. I feel your pain.

Basically, we completely deleted all of the current orders in the admin, then did a fresh import of the orders. However, this will only work if you have a fresh copy of your orders.

Be sure to make sure everything lines up correctly in your orders file before importing. If the problem is present there, then an import won’t solve anything.