Customers Receiving 2 Emails Since Upg To 4.3.3

I recently upgraded from 4.2.4 to 4.3.3. Now, every time someone places an order they get TWO confirmation emails, whereas they used to only get ONE (which is what I prefer).

(1). They are getting an email which shows the order status as “Open,” with the message, “Thank you for your order, you are welcome to come back.”

(2). They are also getting an email which shows the order status as “Processed,” with the message “Your order has been processed successfully.”

Previously, they would only get one email, based on the status of their order. 99% of my customers pay with an online payment method such as credit card or PayPal, and they would always get ONLY (2) above. Once in a great while someone would say they were going to pay by check later, so in that case they got email (1) above.

How do I make 4.3.3 act like 4.2.4 in this respect? I have made no changes to the settings.

What PayPal service do you use? If PayPal redirects customer back to the store before the PayPal transaction status is received, CS-Cart changes order status to Open. In other case, the customer will see notification that the transaction was cancelled. It is default behavior

Can I change the default behavior back to like it was before? I've been using CS-Cart since 2009 and during that time I've used different payment processors, such as Authorize.net, Stripe, and PayPal Pro. In all those years and with all those different processors, the system has always only sent out one email, not two. So this is new behavior with version 4.3x.

So do they receive 2 e-mails when only paypal is used? Or the issue exists for other payment methods as well?

It doesn't make any difference whether they use their PayPal account or a credit card.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1436790956' post='222703']

It doesn't make any difference whether they use their PayPal account or a credit card.

[/quote]

In this case the issue is not related with the behavior which was described by me earlier. Additional examination is required. Try to disable the Notify customer setting for the Open order status

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1436802076' post='222744']

In this case the issue is not related with the behavior which was described by me earlier. Additional examination is required. Try to disable the Notify customer setting for the Open order status

[/quote]

But I still want people who choose “Check” to get an email.

What online payment methods do you use except paypal? I will check their code.

I use PayPal Pro for credit/debit cards and PayPal Express for PayPal.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1436802710' post='222748']

I use PayPal Pro for credit/debit cards and PayPal Express for PayPal.

[/quote]

Hm… I have checked the code. Looks like the issue is not related with the payment method scripts.

Thanks for checking. I have submitted a ticket to Helpdesk. I'll let you know what they say.