• in Blocks?
  • in Products?

Here a copy of the reference guide

[QUOTE]

Home>Documentation>Reference Guide

Reference Guide

Customers also bought

* This article applies to versions: * Professional * MultiVendor

This module enables you to display a list of products that are usually bought together with the product that your customers are currently viewing. This add-on does not have configurable settings.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Blocks>Products>add new block

Name: Also Bought (or what ever)

Block content: Products

Filling: Also Bought

etc etc

thank u,this is also what i need.

Many thanks BarryH

I was trying this one, but no success.

ADD-ON is activated

ALSO BOUGHT does not appear in possible fillings.

See attached screen shot.

also_bought.jpg

make sure in admin addons customer also bought addon is installed

JOhn

Unistall and install again.

it has happened to me in another addon.

[quote name=‘aerofan’]Many thanks BarryH

I was trying this one, but no success.

ADD-ON is activated

ALSO BOUGHT does not appear in possible fillings.

See attached screen shot.[/QUOTE]

I think you are not going to the “Products” tab and in the other tabs the “also bought” is missing!!! :confused:

Thanks again BarryH

Progressing

Your were right. Block was in ALL PAGES

I do feel very stupid but still have not found the way to select the products to be placed in “also bought”

If the addon is installed, then I’d try to start fresh by starting over and creating the block again.

First try to clear your cache. Next this is how your block set-up should appear in the admin area.

Name: Also Bought or whatever you want

Block Content: Products (Must be Products)

Filling: Also Bought (This should be in the drop down box)

Appearance Type: Hot Deals or whatever you choose here

Wrapper: Whatever you want

Make sure you save. Also, you will need to manually fill products for this block I believe.

If you haven’t already figured your problem out; maybe this will help. Sometimes you just need to step away for a bit and try again, then magically it works for ya. Good Luck.

Stu

[quote name=‘derbytown502’]If the addon is installed, then I’d try to start fresh by starting over and creating the block again.

First try to clear your cache. Next this is how your block set-up should appear in the admin area.

Name: Also Bought or whatever you want

Block Content: Products (Must be Products)

Filling: Also Bought (This should be in the drop down box)

Appearance Type: Hot Deals or whatever you choose here

Wrapper: Whatever you want

Make sure you save. Also, you will need to manually fill products for this block I believe.

If you haven’t already figured your problem out; maybe this will help. Sometimes you just need to step away for a bit and try again, then magically it works for ya. Good Luck.

Stu[/QUOTE]

Just noticed you figured this part out, however you’re not sure how to add products. I think once you enable this feature at the product level, then CS-Cart auto fills this based on actual sales from your customers. You will notice when you created the block that you can enable for all or manually go into each product and enable it for chosen products only. I don’t think you can manually fill “Also Bought” At least not in 2.0.12 you can’t that I know of. However, I might be wrong.

Stu

Thanks Derbytown!

[QUOTE]CS-Cart auto fills this based on actual sales from your customers.[/QUOTE]

This is absolutly correct. Was expecting a different behaviour.

This leads to my next question:

Is there an automated way to suggest customer to buy a related item?

i.e. to suggest “socks” to someone buying “shoes”

[quote name=‘aerofan’]Thanks Derbytown!

This is absolutly correct. Was expecting a different behaviour.

This leads to my next question:

Is there an automated way to suggest customer to buy a related item?

i.e. to suggest “socks” to someone buying “shoes”[/QUOTE]

Edit: One solution could be to add a new block for the product and to fill suggestion manualy?

I actually do this by using product options. Specifically I use global options for a drop down box that lists batteries by different sizes. From the product page the customer can add batteries to their order. Additionally you can add specific options per specific products rather than using global options at the product level.

I think that Cs-cart’s demo displays this on some of the products in the demo store in which you’re trying to accomplish. I think this will be your best bet in accomplishing your goal. Hopefully if there is a better way, then someone will chime in.

I’ll take a look at this more in depth when I get in later. Kind of curious too!

Stu