customer switchable skins

On the demo cart there is a drop down to easily switch the skin. Is there a way to add that to the cart so the customer can pick whichever one they want?

Thanks

config.local.php

if demo skin = “Yes” statement

Ahh, thanks. I guess that works better than what I ended up doing, I added:

define(‘SKINS_PANEL’, ‘1’);

to index.php

I’ll switch it to that way instead.

EDIT:

Strange, I removed the define from index.php. In config.local.php I found this line:

$config[‘demo_mode’] = false;

and switched it to true, but it didn’t work. Demo mode didn’t come back.

It seems when that is set to true, it disallows many features in the admin area saying the cart is in demo mode, but doesn’t actually provide the demo mode panel.

So I put

back into index.php

[quote name=‘phazei’]Ahh, thanks. I guess that works better than what I ended up doing, I added:

to index.php

I’ll switch it to that way instead.

EDIT:

Strange, I removed the define from index.php. In config.local.php I found this line:

$config[‘demo_mode’] = false;

and switched it to true, but it didn’t work. Demo mode didn’t come back.

It seems when that is set to true, it disallows many features in the admin area saying the cart is in demo mode, but doesn’t actually provide the demo mode panel.

So I put

back into index.php[/QUOTE]

I would think this would screw up the cache. The cart is not designed to run on more than one skin at a time. The setting for “settings.skin_name_customer” would have to be dynamically adjusted and the template cache has no concept of caches for different skins. When the skin is changed in the admin panel it flushes the cache.

It’s not being used permanantly, just durring testing to see the differences between two custom skins we’re working on.

[quote name=‘phazei’]It’s not being used permanantly, just durring testing to see the differences between two custom skins we’re working on.[/QUOTE]

If you do a lot of that type of development work, you might want to check this out: [url]http://www.ez-ms.com/addonproducts/skin-revision-manager.html[/url]

The upgrade skin identification is no longer valid since they modified the upgrade to upgrade all installed skins, but other than that, it probably does all that you want/need.