Customer problems with cart

Quite frequently I have customers complaining that they are running into the following two problems:

1: Cart contains no items - even if the minicart displays the items

2: Cannot change quantities of items in the cart from the cart page.

I have followed all the threads and cannot seem to get the problem resolved. The fact that I hear about it frequently makes me wonder what I am losing that I do not hear about.

I am running 2.0.10

One Page - Off (have tried both ways doesn’t seem to affect the problem)

Ajax Components Off - (Again have tried both ways, doesn’t seem to effect the problem)

It’s either a permissions problem or a cookie problem. Have you checked that your permissions are as they should be?

Checked permissions and all seemed to be fine. Would either of those be intermittent? The biggest problem I have had tracking it down is I can’t seem to find a common thread between the users.

Can you post a URL please. Who is your host? What version of PHP and are you using a php.ini file.

This may be a long shot but have you looked at your server logs.

[quote name=‘roban’]Can you post a URL please. Who is your host? What version of PHP and are you using a php.ini file.

This may be a long shot but have you looked at your server logs.[/QUOTE]

I have two sites running on different hosts experiencing the same problem

Site a

www.ferriswheelsandcarousels.com

PHP Version 5.2.9

Host: Siteground

No php.ini unless it comes with CS-Cart

Site b

www.almostedible.net

PHP Version 5.2.6

Host: HostExcellence

No php.ini unless it comes with CS-Cart

Went to both sites, could see items in cart ok. Site B allowed me to changed product quantity in cart, but site A would not as not enough inventory.

PS, Site B top menu is misaligned, not sure if you’re aware.

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Went to both sites, could see items in cart ok. Site B allowed me to changed product quantity in cart, but site A would not as not enough inventory.

PS, Site B top menu is misaligned, not sure if you’re aware.[/QUOTE]

That is the biggest problem I have been running into for I’d say 90% of the customers if works fine. The other 10% will either get an error saying the cart is empty, or not be allowed to edit the items in the cart. Unfortunately it intermittance has proved to be quite frustrating. I have entered dozens of test orders all fine. As soon as I think it is up and going good, a customer calls saying they get an error message or can’t change the quantites in their cart.

Yeah I was just in the middle of updating to 2.0.11 that caused the misalignment.

My bet is that it is a specific browser issue as in being used by & affecting 10% of your customers

[quote name=‘Struck’]My bet is that it is a specific browser issue as in being used by & affecting 10% of your customers[/QUOTE]

Would agree, maybe you should ask the customers who have the problem what browser they are on, may save a lot of heart ache.

I would have thought the same but so far customers have said they are using IE (7 & 8), FF and ‘I Don’t Know’. The latter is my obvious favorite.

Thanks

[quote name=‘hydrogend’]I would have thought the same but so far customers have said they are using IE (7 & 8), FF and ‘I Don’t Know’. The latter is my obvious favorite.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

LOL :wink: [quote]‘I Don’t Know’[/quote] Good old Customers!

[QUOTE]‘I Don’t Know’.[/QUOTE]

These are most likely still using the Mosaic browser which has sorta been deprecated! :smiley:

i understand. Just seems to me we should have some way to handle customers that are running in legacy environments. It is somewhat diificult to have tell your customers you have to upgrade to buy my products. I will see if I can get a clearer answer and see if I can find a common thread in the browsers.

Are there versions that are not compatible with CS-Cart?

[quote name=‘hydrogend’]Are there versions that are not compatible with CS-Cart?[/QUOTE]

All slightly over my head, but I have seen CS post several times over the years that it very difficult to develop software that is compatible with everything!

Browsers and Hosts alike!

I think as long as you test your site to cover older browser versions as far back as IE6 you should be more or less OK (test as in not only for appearance issues, but by placing test orders as well). Any of your customers using browsers older than that would not know what a browser is anyhow & could never make it completely thru an online checkout process! :confused:

Got a call today from a customer running IE8 that after they added items to the cart and went to checkout the system indicated the cart was empty. At the moment, it doesn’t look like the problem has to do with older browsers.

Hi,

I am using ie 7.0. I can’t add products to the cart for your site A either. I don’t see the add to cart box popup for this site that you normally see in cs-cart.

I can add products to your site b. This site shows the add to cart/keep shopping box pop-up. Was able to add several items to this cart, not the other one.

Thank you for the feedback. In an attempt to resolve the problem I have both one-page checkout and all AJAX components turned off. I am not sure if that is why you are not seeing the pop-up or not. I am at a loss with this problem; unfortunately I have been experiencing it on and off since we switched to version 2.

Can try try clearing your cookies and see if that resolves the problem? I have tried to work directly with end users before but unfortunately many of them lack technical sophistication.

After a bit of time I had a few customers call with similar problems but they were running AOL. After looking through I found this post.

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=13487[/url]

And made the changes it recommends. We will see if it resolves the problems.