Customer Name Not Required

I am lost after this upgrade. My customers are able to check out without putting in their name (shows is not required at checkout for some reason) and most are doing it that way.

Edit: I figured this out after doing some digging but WHY would the customer's name not be required by default?

I noticed that too.

Also, my order email notifications are going to my personal email address now instead of my company email. Totally weird. All since the last update.

I haven't updated in years so I expect things to be quite different. But some things just don't make sense. The entire default layout for checkout profile fields is goofy and I'm still trying to figure out how to put things in order as they should be out of the box. When trying to put the fields in order there is a number next to the field in the blocks, you can drag them to a different order and there is also a "pop up" number as well. A bunch of trial and error trying to get things to work it seems like since not sure what each thing does. Still don't have figured out how to have "Company" as an optional address field. It's there, but puts it at the end with a description that is the company name on the receipts. More research and testing.

Do you know that in the latest versions Required property for profile fields should be set up on the Design -> Layouts -> Checkout page?

https://prnt.sc/zthzse

my checkout

checkout.jpg

Do you know that in the latest versions Required property for profile fields should be set up on the Design -> Layouts -> Checkout page?

https://prnt.sc/zthzse

Yes I got that figured out after a bit of searching but still goofy how the layout is all out of order by default (at least mine was) and not having name required seems kind of odd. Can't figure out how get Company in line where it needs to be (see attached). But maybe it needs to be in "Customer information block" as Darius has it. I use Shiprush for shipping and it doesn't seem to be importing things as it should. Right now I got all sorted but the Company name.

Screenshot_companyname.png